Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 11-07-2006, 09:38 PM

Default Help With Fixing \"Pops\"

Hi Everyone,
So here's the deal: my band recently did a live acoustic recording. The thing was multi-tracked and each instrument and vocal were given their own seperate track, plus a couple of room mics for audience noise. Here's the problem: it turns out that one of the guitars, which was plugged in directly to the house, had a faulty chord and there are a few VERY audible "pops" while he is playing. I can fix the actual guitar track just fine with creative cutting and pasting. The problem is that the pop was picked up in room mics, so even if I fix the guitar track, you can still hear the "ghost" of the pop pretty clearly.

I've been told about Waves Restoration bundle, but is there a more homegrown (meaning w/o having to buy anything else) that might do the trick? I've tried cutting and pasting, the pencil tool, etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Help With Fixing \"Pops\"

Check out Sony restoration bundle and Sonic No Noise demos : they work without limitations for two weeks and they both work really fine....

Good luck

Paolo
Old 11-08-2006, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Help With Fixing \"Pops\"

Can you solo the room mics then find the Pops & do some creative cut & pasting there, maybe paste in some audience ambience where the pops are, set up a dulicate of the audience track & see what you can move around?

Lavallee