Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-19-2000, 06:45 AM

Default Snapping regions to other regions disappears

OK. I know shuffle mode will allow me to snap a region to the end of another region. BUT, What if I wanna snap a region to the end of one region and don't wanna have other regions that occur after that one to shuffle to the right? In other words I just want it to snap at the end of a region and any other regions that were after that would just stay underneath the new region. Also, Is There a way that when I create a new region that I can actually "see" the region in the audio file without having to use the sepearte command or clicking on the region in the audio list? Digidesign, if you're listening, Take a look at Session 8 for MAC. It was a great program and had some super features. Take some of those features and put them in Pro Tools. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2000, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Snapping regions to other regions disappears

heres what you do:

tab the cursor to the beginning or end of the region you want to snap another to. select the grabber, and control-click to snap the beginning of the region to where you tabbed the cursor to... control-cmd-click to snap the end of the region to where the cursor is, if needed....

As for your 2nd question , its unclear what you are asking. Maybe you can clarify it... Hope this helps...
See ya

•••DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE•••
•Use & Trust ø Cancellation!•
Old 10-20-2000, 06:30 AM
Avid

In regards to your 2nd question:
-No, there is no way to see the region boundaries within the parent audio file (without clicking in the Audio Regions List to highlight it in the track).

-The only application that I know offers this feature is Digital Performer 2.7

Brent
Old 10-20-2000, 01:08 PM

Paris does this. It snaps to grid, and u can define the grid as beg/end of regions. Will not affect subsequent regions, unless they are selected. For PT, I do the same trick as Mt Everest, btw.
-COCO