Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 02-24-2024, 05:54 AM

Default AI stem separation

I've just had a wake-up moment concerning all of the developments in AI stem separation. It shouldn't surprise me with all those AI Robots wandering the streets, but there ya go.

I had XTRAX Stems until they went to a subscription model. When that happened, I took a look at what else was around at the time and found Hit'n'Mix RipX and AudioSourceRE which ranged from pricey to ridiculous. It wasn't part of my workflow, just something fun to play with.

Today I heard about Simple Stems from Stagecraft Software. They use open source algorithms and wrap it in plugin wrappers. Searching around about the algorithm (Spleeter from Deezer Research) there are lots of hacks and free websites where you upload a file and get stems spit back at you. Then I found the Sound Demixing Challenge where a bunch of hackers and researchers show off their software's abilities at demixing. Here's the latest. This seems to be going above what Spleeter is capablie of. What surprised me most was that this stuff went back years! What the heck was I doing during lockdown? (Also surprised that I couldn't find a thread here with any mention of this stuff).

Anyway... Now that I've shared my ignorance, is there anything out there that plays nicely with Pro Tools? I have RX which sort of does this, and I'm not interested in compiling the code from GitHub.
Old 02-24-2024, 06:06 AM

Default Re: AI stem separation

You missed one. http://lalal.ai.

That and RipX are the two best sounding IMO. LALAL is web based while RipX is an actual app. I have not come across anything in plug-in form that is worthwhile.
Old 02-24-2024, 10:16 AM

Default Re: AI stem separation

Another option: Moises.ai
Free: a few processes per month
Paid: unlimited processes