Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-11-2024, 07:37 PM
basehead617 basehead617 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: California
Posts: 295
Default Re: S6 Faders continually falling offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by emf1138 View Post
Still in limbo. The next day, the S6 "magically" started working again. Not sure if it was a heat issue (This MTM model has no fan)? S6 Switch issue? Still investigating.
You should note what the temperature sensors read in the master module info next time it happens… don’t think you mentioned the temp.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-12-2024, 01:28 PM
emf1138 emf1138 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 543
Default Re: S6 Faders continually falling offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
You should note what the temperature sensors read in the master module info next time it happens… don’t think you mentioned the temp.
Yep, I did not include temps. Didn't even realize there WAS a temp. readout until you pointed it out. I will definitely keep an eye on that. Thank you!!
__________________
Eric Freeman, CAS
Sound Supervisor/Re-Recording Mixer
Disney TV Animation
IMDB
LinkedIn
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-12-2024, 02:22 PM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 4,597
Default Re: S6 Faders continually falling offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by emf1138 View Post
Yep, I did not include temps. Didn't even realize there WAS a temp. readout until you pointed it out. I will definitely keep an eye on that. Thank you!!
Hi Eric. I'm the S6 Product Manager and am already helping with your case with Avid Customer Support. I was told that it was WSControl initially falling offline not the fader modules, and then this was fixed, and the display modules were falling off now?

Also, the new Master Module doesn't have a fan as it's only a 15W CPU. The earlier models only had fans as a last resort and during normal operation never came on. Both would have to get extremely hot to cause issue, and that issue would be the slowing down of the CPU due to its internal protection.

Can you clarify where you are at with this issue and hopefully I can help you find a resolution? EDIT: Looks like we have a call about this with you today...I'll be on it. EDIT2: Looks like you are up and running again, and it was possibly a heat issue.

Eddie
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-12-2024, 03:02 PM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 4,597
Default Re: S6 Faders continually falling offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
A customer of mine just reported a similar issue. Has your problem been resolved?
Can you check the port order in the Mac Network settings....EUCON should be at the bottom, not the top. Otherwise, everything else tries to use it. MacOS tries to be clever in the background with networking....it doesn't always work out. We have found this on newer Macs especially Mac Studios. On Windows it follows normal networking rules and things are more predictable.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-13-2024, 03:03 PM
emf1138 emf1138 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 543
Default Re: S6 Faders continually falling offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Can you check the port order in the Mac Network settings....EUCON should be at the bottom, not the top. Otherwise, everything else tries to use it. MacOS tries to be clever in the background with networking....it doesn't always work out. We have found this on newer Macs especially Mac Studios. On Windows it follows normal networking rules and things are more predictable.
Hey Eddie, thanks so much. Yeah, it's been an interesting experience. As of today, everything is still working just fine. S6 is at the top of the network list. I will change that port to be at the bottom. Thank you for that bit of info.

Just wanted to check-in with the hive-mind to see if others were having or have had this particular issue.
__________________
Eric Freeman, CAS
Sound Supervisor/Re-Recording Mixer
Disney TV Animation
IMDB
LinkedIn
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-13-2024, 03:05 PM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 4,597
Default Re: S6 Faders continually falling offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by emf1138 View Post
Hey Eddie, thanks so much. Yeah, it's been an interesting experience. As of today, everything is still working just fine. S6 is at the top of the network list. I will change that port to be at the bottom. Thank you for that bit of info.

Just wanted to check-in with the hive-mind to see if others were having or have had this particular issue.
From our call this might have been tied to the heat in the studio that day? The network switch in the console might have overheated.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Continually getting CPU error message CCrabtree Pro Tools 10 1 10-28-2015 06:07 AM
Master Faders not getting ADC when Offline bouncing Tim R. Pro Tools 11 3 03-11-2015 11:19 AM
Command 8 Offline and not moving faders DJElBee ProControl, Control|24, Command|8 5 10-04-2011 03:31 AM
DTS: Continually asked to register postprosound macOS 1 01-06-2011 03:14 PM
Help-faders 'fluttering' when offline OntheHill ICON & C|24 2 05-19-2009 11:09 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com