Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2024, 07:27 AM

Default MIDI Studio Setup

HI, I dont see much online about MSS. I'm having random trouble with my MIDI settings. One day ok, next day a channels not receiving.
I read up about MSS and look in MIDI Studio Setup. Is my keyboard supposed to be listed? Its blank. My keyboard (Komplete A series 49) is showing in the midi setup page and green.

The manual says "all currently defined instruments are displayed in the Instrument Name list".

I don't see any.

(Edit: As an aside note, my plug instruments all work very haphazardly. All channels appear same, Midi thru is on. One day I may have a VI on screen work but not working on the midi keyboard. Or, its registering chords names, but not showing the meter move.. The channel next to it is set up identically and it works ok. Next time I turn on PT it may function, or perhaps switching a plug in from a functioning channel to a non functioning suddenly it connects. I have the most basic I/O and yet some channels do not want to signal. And maybe tomorrow it will. Is there some arcane setting somewhere I am overlooking?

I take Xpand and test that it works on one channel. I plug it into another channel and it wont work. I take a drum instrument and put it on the channel that doesn't work, and it works, so I move it over to the channel Xpand was on and the drums now dont work. I plug the DB33 into one channel and all is fine, I place it on another and only the VI works. Where in the plugins are there more settings that may cause them to be partial to certain tracks?)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dell Precision 7510 i7 2.6Ghz Quad core, 500GB SSD, 1TB and 500GB External SSD, 32GB Ram, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, SSL2 Interface, Pro Tools Artist, Sibelius Artist.

Last edited by BWV846; 02-12-2024 at 02:45 AM.