How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2024, 01:40 AM

Default Auto-deselect tracks without clips in edit selection

Looking for a workflow enhancement:

I have to consolidate final edits in a large session to (shift+cmd+k) export them into folders per song.

I usually create a selection marker per song when the final edit is done, so I can jump around the project and don't mess up any song starts/endings (e.g. when sending playbacks for external overdub recordings and reimporting etc.).
Before consolidating the final edit I click on my selection marker. Everything is highlighted (edit selection). I could press (shift+alt+3) to consolidate. But before that, I manually deselect all tracks that do not contain any clips or only muted clips. Because I don't want to waste disk space in a 150+ track project AND I don't want to send out a whole bunch of empty audio tracks to the customer.

I guess there is no way to "auto-deselect" tracks that do not contain any present clips within an edit selection. But maybe you guys face the same problem and have a smarter workflow to share here?:)

Thanks!!