Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2006, 07:18 AM

Default Ableton Live Lite not receiving midi

Just upgraded to Live Lite 5 and unlocked it. All is fine, and I can get the sounds from Live into PT, but I just can't get midi signals from my synth via PT to Live.
on aninstrument track I can insert Ableton OK, but it still doesn't show up in the track's midi output list. Setting the track midi output to Digi 002 midi slot #1 and setting the Live midi input to the same doesn't work. I can see the midi signal from the synth hitting the PT instrument track, but nothing happens in Live. If I select the computer keyboard in Live for midi input, that works fine.
If I shut down PT and then run Live stand-alone, I can see the midi meter moving when I hit the synth keys, but I can't arm the live track to record (I guess that's intentional with the Digi version).
Any clues how to get midi into Ableton?