Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2010, 08:40 PM

Default Avid-Throw us a bone on Vocalign please

Seriously, this isn't a complaint. I'm perfectly happy with PT9 so far. But those of us former DV Toolkit users really need to know if Vocalign is going to be updated since the version that came along with the DVTK is broken in PT9. Syncro Arts has stated on their website that they can't update this version and it would have to be Avid that addresses it.

I know you like to keep updates and releases quiet until time for release. But on this one, it REALLY seems we should know where we stand....... wait on an update or explore other options. Thanks......hopefully.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Avid-Throw us a bone on Vocalign please

thats up to the people who make vocalign isn't it. also moving the tracks yourself and using the pitch/time elastic technology actually sounds way more professional in my opinion.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeDye View Post
thats up to the people who make vocalign isn't it. also moving the tracks yourself and using the pitch/time elastic technology actually sounds way more professional in my opinion.
No. Please go back and actually read my post. I didn't ask what you prefer. To clarify further,

From the Syncro Arts website at http://www.synchroarts.com/index.php...=FAQ/ProTools9

Quote:
VocALign LE

This verison of VocALign is supplied and supported by Avid as part of the DV Toolkit bundle. You must contact Avid for support and more information on this issue.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:14 PM

And Vocalign has a very specific purpose that no other product can do.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
That's all well and good but some of us have workflows/plugs we prefer and we paid for the plug as part of the (now defunct) DVTK. I suspect some DVTK users are already feeling more than slightly shafted with the PT9 release as it is without Vocalign not working as well!

Just to clarify your first remark too; Syncroarts has already stated the DVTK version of the plug has nothing to do with them so the ball is 100% in Avids court over this one.

Avid should preferably fix it, or give us license holders some sort of CHEAP (ie. Free) crossgrade path to the Syncroarts product thus saving them any time or effort in keeping supporting DVTK legacy plug.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256
Old 11-10-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Vocalign is instrumental in our ADR workflow. We won't be upping to PT 9 anytime soon. After several meetings we have determined that it's not quite worth the effort, expense and sacrifices of features over our existing HD/LE DVTK workflow at this time. Specifically we don't want to lose the added video tracks we currently get and need for our editing, or mixing, and now that I read that Vocalign is not coming along that closes the door even further.

I did however cross grade a MX creation LE rig, since 9 is quite well focused there. It's just the post work that seems left behind in this up.

Wilson Dyer MPSE
Sound Supervisor: NCIS Los Angeles, CBS Television
Old 11-17-2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Syncro Arts has stated on their website that they can't update this version and it would have to be Avid that addresses it.
They're not saying that Avid is responsible for updating the software, or even that they they can...just that Avid is responsible for supporting the software since it was sold through them.

It appears that the actual solution to these issues is to upgrade to VocAlign Project 3.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duardo View Post

It appears that the actual solution to these issues is to upgrade to VocAlign Project 3.
Which if is a solution, still has to have a workaround as stated on the same page:

Quote:
If you press the Spot button http://www.synchroarts.com/FAQ/ProTo...rojectSpot.png you may see a DAE error "-7450", if you press Spot a second time without changing any VocALign parameters then audio will be written into the Pro Tools session. You can avoid the DAE error by pressing Process http://www.synchroarts.com/FAQ/ProTo...ectProcess.png before Spot.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:23 AM

Hi,

Avid have said they are working on a fix as a priority!!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

Avid have said they are working on a fix as a priority!!

Chris
Thats good to know

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88