Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-30-2009, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8.0.1 is "CRASHING" over and over

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyest1 View Post
Hey DONNX...I just got confirmation that the Massey Plugins were crashing my system w/ PT8.01. Do you have those installed?
No massey plugs. Had some PSP plugs. Had to ditch them due to PT8 not liking them. Why do plugs have to be the culprit is my question. Plugs should all work and be universal in all rtas/tdm formats. What a pita.

Since moving to PT 8 I lost addictive drums which I love, lost PSP plugs, pretty cool stuff, Certain Native instrument plugs as well. The sacrifices we make..
Old 09-30-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
I'm running 8.0.1 with the Massey plugins with no issues. Solid as a rock. Go figure.
I have had issues can you post your system specs RAM - OS version - system type speed - also your plug-in list with versions. That would be really great and probably a help to those of us with 8.0.1 issues - I rolled back to 8.0 CS3 and it came back with almost no crashes (except with a DSP Shuffle).
Old 09-30-2009, 02:46 PM

I certainly have more crashes in 8.0.1 then I did in 8.0 with the same set up.
Also run out of available voices much faster.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompers View Post
I certainly have more crashes in 8.0.1 then I did in 8.0 with the same set up.
Also run out of available voices much faster.

Yea. I went back to 8.0 cs3 update. Seems to work the best for me. The 8.0.1 is just like going from 7.4 to 8.0 the first time.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNX View Post
No massey plugs. Had some PSP plugs. Had to ditch them due to PT8 not liking them. Why do plugs have to be the culprit is my question. Plugs should all work and be universal in all rtas/tdm formats. What a pita.

Since moving to PT 8 I lost addictive drums which I love, lost PSP plugs, pretty cool stuff, Certain Native instrument plugs as well. The sacrifices we make..
Hi,

I've got PSP mastercomp/ vintage warmer/ and PSP Neon HR and no issues at all with these!!!!

I also have NI Komplete 4 with all plugin components up to date and only FM8 and guitar rig is buggy for me the rest are fine!! the problem with guitar rig is the version sold with K4 only a few months back is an old version!! FM8 is the latest version but buggy

Have you generated a plugin list yet and posted it here on the forum?
Here's a link to just the plugin lister which is part of the tech support tools...

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/9xyx8w

Copy paste the list here.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:42 AM

I had 8.0.1 crash while I tried to un-group a region group during playback last night.

Then I had it balk again when I was zooming in during playback.

Plugs up to date (Waves Plat/SSL still V6 and the Eventide Anthology bundle from a few months ago, have all the Massey and non of the PSP).. Databases new on startup. Pref's had been flushed a day before. Blah blah blah.

It never ends.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:53 AM

Protools 8.0.1 HD, OS 10.5.7, All Massey plugins, Waveshell 5.9.7. Not a single problem. Oh, and Kontakt player is finally behaving as well.

I know this is routine, but did you try trashing the Digidesign databases on each drive manually? There was a time when the database helper ap' wasn't finding everything it needed to, and trashing the database folders manually made life better.