Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-03-2012, 07:43 PM

Default Digi 002 + PT 8.0 from Windows to OSX - Unsupported Device in CORE AUDIO MANAGER

Okay so my girlfriend has a DIGI 002 and is using PT 8.0 with a REALLY REALLY old Windows computer that is a few clicks away from death...

For her birthday (next week) I got her a brand new MacPro i7. I just got it today, and I want to get everything installed and configured before I give it to her on her birthday. I didn't think it would be an issue but now I realize that since it came pre-installed with LION 10.7.3, it isn't be a straight forward install.

After some digging, I found a copy of her original PT 8 LE disc, and so I installed it on the system. After it installed and rebooted, I noticed under SYSTEM REPORT that FIREWIRE shows one UNKNOWN DEVICE, and as you would guess, PT complains of no compatible hardware and will not load.

I then went to the AVID site and saw that there was an update for 8.0.5, so I downloaded it, installed it, and rebooted... same thing UNKNOWN DEVICE.

After doing a bunch of searching and reading, I tried installing the CORE AUDIO DRIVERS. The install was successful, but after the reboot, SYSTEM REPORT still shows one UNKNOWN DEVICE under FIREWIRE.

I went into the CORE AUDIO MANAGER, and it shows "UNSUPPORTED DEVICE".

I've tried the 002 003 Family Drivers, the PT9 Core Audio Drivers, and a few others and after every single one I would reboot, and check both the SYSTEM REPORT and the CORE AUDIO MANAGER and always, UNKNOWN DEVICE and UNSUPPORTED DEVICE.

I don't think I can downgrade because the installation disk that came with the MacPro is 10.7.3, and I don't have any other OSX installation disks.

I'm really in a bind here, and since her birthday is next week, I'm starting to get a little stressed out that she will not be able to use the computer I got her for her audio work.

I know for sure it's not the DIGI 002 or the FW cable, because when I plug it back into her windows computer, PT loads up just fine, and the DIGI 002 responds accordingly.

Any and all advice is immensely appreciated.