How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2014, 06:46 PM

Default Venue display (GUI) pet peeve

Hi all,

My pet peeve is with the displaying of the EQ, Compressor and Gate graphs in the Venue software. When setting built-in compressor settings for example, why does the Venue software screen's display go from the compressor graph to the EQ graph when you select the next channel you want to make compressor adjustments on? Changing the selected channel does not change the selected channel control which is still compressor selected. In order to get the compressor graph back you have to press the compressor channel control switch again which I repeat is already selected. Shouldn't the graph follow the channel control switch and stay on the selected channel control until a different channel control is selected? Put an other way, I don't want to see the EQ graph again until I press on the EQ channel control switch in order to make EQ changes. Is there a switch in the set-up screens somewhere that allows for this logic to be set as the preference?

kindest regards
Old 05-19-2014, 10:03 AM
Avid

Default Re: Venue display (GUI) pet peeve

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

This behavior (EQ displayed when channel selected) was introduced a few versions ago at the request of many users, who were frustrated that they had to re-select the EQ function when moving between channels. When we polled users the majority wanted EQ as the default screen, so that was what was chosen (knowing that someone wanting to adjust comp/gate across multiple channels would have to re-select).

It could be made as user option in a future release. You can make feature requests here:
http://avid.venue.ideascale.com

Sheldon
Old 05-19-2014, 01:15 PM

would be great to have an option to either stay at the screen being selected or have EQ/DYN what ever as default when changing. I'd definitely vote for that
Old 05-22-2014, 07:57 PM

Hi Sheldon,
Thank you for your response. What you are describing is not what I am experiencing. The EQ function is not being re-selected when I select a different channel.

What I am experiencing is as follows: Let’s say I have selected channel 1, then I have pressed on the compressor channel control to make adjustments to channel 1’s compressor. Once I am done making compressor changes on channel 1, I select channel 2. After I have selected channel 2, the compressor channel control is still selected but the EQ graph for channel 2 is displayed. So if I want to make changes to the compressor on channel 2, I must select the compressor channel control again to see the compressor graph or if I want to do EQ changes on channel 2, I must select the EQ channel control for the 8 encoders to control the EQ. So, either way I am halfway to accomplishing one task or the other, which means a lot of button pushing for nothing.

Hopefully Avid will entertain adding a user preference in the setup of the system. Seems to me the graph should always follow the channel control regardless. A user preference allowing the channel control to follow its last selected value or to goto a user selected default channel control would be a very good feature. This could be done with a simple pull-down menu.

kindest regards,
parsen