Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 09-10-2012, 09:14 AM

Default Venue Software bugs

Hello,

We use our SC48 on daily basis for all kinds of performance, and are very pleased with it. But since we update our Sc48 to venue 3.0 we came across some weird bugs. We mainly use 24 aux option. And use the last 8 auxes as stereo groups, 48 Input channels, 8 Graphic eq’s. Main busses are L-R plus Mono
MTX 1-2 Surround
MTX 3-4 camera
MTX 5-6 Left-Right
MTX 7 Cluster
MTX 8 Sub

- When I tried to assign aux 12 to Matrix 1-2 I get a loud ‘pop’ on all my other matrixes, feeding the P.A. This sounds like a gun shot during a play!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/99954944/Ven...8-15-52-36.mp4

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/99954944/Ven...8-15-54-02.mp4

- Selecting group as master out and then adjusting the monitor out encoder variable group 7 follows the level of the monitor out encoder.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/99954944/Ven...up%20Fader.mp4

- after loading show, pressing for the first time for variable group mode the console often react sluggish (slow metering, slow view paging) for about 15 seconds

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/99954944/Ven...8-15-36-02.mp4

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/99954944/Ven...oup%20mode.mp4

Are there other people out here who experienced the same?
Old 09-10-2012, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Venue Software bugs

May I add these:

- Some signal bleeds into talkback mic channel, mic is disconnected.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11182503/Tal...-%20iPhone.m4v

And when you try to solo it the level of bleeding signal will drop quite a bit

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11182503/TalkBack_issue.m4v

- Function key flashes for no reason, all events disabled.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11182503/Fun...-%20iPhone.m4v
Old 09-24-2012, 01:29 PM

I've had the flashing function key on both my profiles pretty much since I've had them.

How about random outputs not passing audio until after a console reboot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystere1 View Post

How about random outputs not passing audio until after a console reboot?

hmm... never have had that, even though I'm using typically 14-16 outputs as I'm doing inears from FOH
Old 10-16-2012, 02:31 PM

Any news for a new update or a work around? did you reconized any of these bugs? Avid? Sheldon?

Some updates of what i am experiencing:
sometimes when using sc48, fx return 4, stereo led flashes, while there isn't any audio coming in, even when i remove the xlr of the input which are assigned to the fx return, it still randomly flashes.

had some stereo channels selected, when pushing the stereo-pan knob, for using 24 variable groups, the console switched back and forth between back-up mode for several times.

while these two things aren't realy shocking, i do find the sound of gun shot trough the PA, by making an adjustment of the matrix input source very shocking!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Avid

Hi,

Thanks for your patience. We've been looking into a few of these. Here's what we know so far...

vikingthor:
Quote:
When I tried to assign aux 12 to Matrix 1-2 I get a loud ‘pop’ on all my other matrixes, feeding the P.A.
This is a known issue, to be fixed in a future release, if possible.
Quote:
Selecting group as master out and then adjusting the monitor out encoder variable group 7 follows the level of the monitor out encoder.
Yep, that's a bug. Sorry. On the list for a fix in a future release.
Quote:
after loading show, pressing for the first time for variable group mode the console often react sluggish (slow metering, slow view paging) for about 15 seconds
We can't seem to reproduce this. Does it happen every time for you?
Quote:
sometimes when using sc48, fx return 4, stereo led flashes, while there isn't any audio coming in, even when i remove the xlr of the input which are assigned to the fx return, it still randomly flashes.
The flashing stereo LED indicates a notable difference in level between the left and right channels making up the stereo pair. This can happen, for example, when only one of the sides (left or right) is patched, while the other is not. Also, there are some reverb plug-ins that can have a different output level between L & R, when no input signal is applied.
Quote:
had some stereo channels selected, when pushing the stereo-pan knob, for using 24 variable groups, the console switched back and forth between back-up mode for several times.
Not a known issue, and we can't yet reproduce. Let us know if you can reproduce it at will.

Thanks for bringing these up!

Sheldon
Old 10-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Avid

Hi digidesigner,

Comments below...
Quote:
Some signal bleeds into talkback mic channel, mic is disconnected.
And when you try to solo it the level of bleeding signal will drop quite a bit
We're looking into this. Note that the TB mic input is a fixed gain input, with a fairly high input impedance. It's not the same type of mic input as on the stage rack. When the talkback input is unterminated, it's possible to see some noise pickup, due to the high input impedance. This noise is not present when a mic is connected, terminating the circuit. Not sure why the solo level might affect this, though...
Quote:
- Function key flashes for no reason, all events disabled.
This can happen when an event is triggered that starts the button flashing, but then the event is deleted or otherwise not cleared. To fix this, create and trigger a temporary event that forces the function LED to stop flashing. Once stopped, it should not start again unless another event tells it to do so. (So check all events to make sure there isn't an event somewhere inadvertently triggering the flash to begin).

Sheldon
Old 10-17-2012, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Radford View Post
Hi digidesigner,

Comments below...

We're looking into this. Note that the TB mic input is a fixed gain input, with a fairly high input impedance. It's not the same type of mic input as on the stage rack. When the talkback input is unterminated, it's possible to see some noise pickup, due to the high input impedance. This noise is not present when a mic is connected, terminating the circuit. Not sure why the solo level might affect this, though...

This can happen when an event is triggered that starts the button flashing, but then the event is deleted or otherwise not cleared. To fix this, create and trigger a temporary event that forces the function LED to stop flashing. Once stopped, it should not start again unless another event tells it to do so. (So check all events to make sure there isn't an event somewhere inadvertently triggering the flash to begin).

Sheldon
The TB mic bleed sounds like a distorted master is bleeding into TB and as you see the level is pretty high even at the default input gain of FX return. As I'm doing monitors from FOH this can smear the IEM mixes. As of now, I have created a rehearsal space for the bands that is built around my Profile with 8 PQ controllers, so I will be having a bit more time to troubleshoot this in a controlled environment. I'll let you know if I'm able to find a pattern how and when this happens.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
after loading show, pressing for the first time for variable group mode the console often react sluggish (slow metering, slow view paging) for about 15 seconds
We can't seem to reproduce this. Does it happen every time for you?
I did some testing today, it seems that when i load my showfile which has different system settings (at least a different auxes structure) than the showfile which was running before, Than the console always reacts sluggish (mouse, faders, view paging) And sometimes when loading my showfile, it randomly jumps into back-up mode for a few seconds and then it comes back online.

I did make a new showfile with exact the same system settings, plugins, events snapshots. And it dissapeared, so i guess it is my showfile what is corrupted, and made me say bad words!

Quote:
Quote:
The flashing stereo LED indicates a notable difference in level between the left and right channels making up the stereo pair. This can happen, for example, when only one of the sides (left or right) is patched, while the other is not. Also, there are some reverb plug-ins that can have a different output level between L & R, when no input signal is applied.
I have channel 31 and 32 patched into a stereo channel, no audio coming into the console, no xlr attached to pre amp 31 and 32, no plugins assigned. just input 31 and 32.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/99954944/Ven...2013.55.50.mp4

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/99954944/Ven...2019.08.28.mp4
Old 10-17-2012, 12:44 PM

hey, as long as we are talking bugs, I've got one. The first time it happened I thought it had something to do with the FW32 recording, but its happened now without FW involved.
Basically, while running a show with the console pretty well maxed out and lots of snapshots, suddenly "auto cancel" solo mode fails. Meaning that suddenly for no reason, solo's are additive instead of one at a time. Toggling the "auto cancel" and "input priority" options made no difference and in both cases the problem was solved upon restarting.

Not the end of the world, but for a monitor engineer juggling 20 or so mixes, its a pretty serious workflow issue.