Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 11-10-2008, 10:45 AM

Default M-audio Fast track Ultra question

Has anyone managed to get Fast track ultra interface to work?

Is the M-audio Fast track Ultra any good for recording audio quality wise?
Old 11-11-2008, 03:38 AM

Default Re: M-audio Fast track Ultra question

Yes it's working fine. The mic pre is a big improvement from my old fast track pro. The only downside is the fact that the card is sometimes not recognized by the computer. You have to turn off/on/off/on until you see the green light that confirm that the driver sees it... Other than that, it's pretty good, considering the price. I believe that the profire 2626 would be a better choice.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:33 PM

Default Re: M-audio Fast track Ultra question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynald Nadeau View Post
Yes it's working fine. The mic pre is a big improvement from my old fast track pro. The only downside is the fact that the card is sometimes not recognized by the computer. You have to turn off/on/off/on until you see the green light that confirm that the driver sees it... Other than that, it's pretty good, considering the price. I believe that the profire 2626 would be a better choice.

Thanks. Sorry for the late response to yours though.

My apogee duet with leopard can be embarrassing too when I'm with clients (i.e. it stops working whenever it feels like, so that all the recording/takes are lost) So yeah, I know how it feels :)

But maybe I should go for the profire 610 instead, though its good to hear that the FTU is ok for the new macbook owners who not want to use logic.