Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-22-2008, 09:00 PM

Default Can\'t select audio between markers

I'm trying to follow the reference manual instructions for selecting audio between two markers.

I'm running PT LE 7.3.1 on XP.

* Link Timeline and Link Edit selection are both selected (I've tried it without)
* command keys are selected on (I've tried it without)
* I've tried it with no grouping and all tracks grouped.

The manual says that if I select a region of audio using the selection tool (this works fine) and then "Shift-click" on a marker, the selected audio should adjust to the position of the marker. Or this can be done by shift clicking on one marker then shift clicking on another marker. Shift clicking later in the audio does adjust the selection range, but I'm not able to select using the markers. The markers are absolute markers (diamonds).

In all cases, the shift-click on the marker does nothing for me.

I've tested it in several different sessions.

I must have some option disabled or am missing something.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thx,

Ben
Old 05-22-2008, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Can\'t select audio between markers

The first marker that you're clicking on is not a shift-click. Click on the "start-time" marker THEN shift-click on the "end-time" marker. It will select everything in between. Or, let's say you had "Marker 1" and "Marker 2". On the numeric keypad, hit the following:

(that will select at "marker 1")

then do the following while holding down shift the entire time

There you go, it will select between markers 1 and 2.

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system
Old 05-23-2008, 10:25 PM

I appreciate the reply.

Unfortunately, I have tried what you mention. All of the methods that you mention are the same that the documentation mention. And I've had it working before in 6.7.

I've tried creating new sessions, copying new session, I must have some setting in my PT set incorrectly.

I'm completely at a loss.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thx,

Ben
Old 05-25-2008, 08:38 PM

Place your I cursor on the track and click on a marker in the markers list and then hit ctrl-E to place a cut. Repeat for the desired end marker. Not the ideal answer maybe but it should work.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave