Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2022, 11:27 AM

Default Max inputs with Dante virtual soundcard?

Long story short, can I use 64 inputs with Dante virtual sound card with pro tools studio?

Sorry if the answer seems obvious, but I'm finding conflicting info and I'm wondering if the software has been updated and this has spec has changed?

Long story: I'm currently using pro tools studio on a Mac studio and Dante virtual sound card with 32 channels coming in from a midas m32 with the 32 channel Dante card.

Im about to upgrade to an Allen and heath avantis with the 64 channel Dante card.
Will I be able to access all 64 channels in pro tools with my current setup(pro tools studio)? Or do I need some other software(pro tools flex?)/hardware (hdx/HD native?).

Thanks.
Old 09-22-2022, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Max inputs with Dante virtual soundcard?

A little search goes a long way.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 09-22-2022, 02:55 PM

Yes I saw that product page. It looks like 64 channels is supported from that chart.

But you didn't answer my original question. Did the 32 channel limit recently change? Because I see lots of information online stating that it will only work with 32 channels.

So I thought I would ask for someone with first hand experience instead of wondering which article I'm seeing is true.
Old 09-22-2022, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parakalien View Post
Yes I saw that product page. It looks like 64 channels is supported from that chart.

But you didn't answer my original question. Did the 32 channel limit recently change? Because I see lots of information online stating that it will only work with 32 channels.

So I thought I would ask for someone with first hand experience instead of wondering which article I'm seeing is true.
Yes. It recently changed. When they made the "Studio" name, it was given 64 i/o. And DVS is limited to 64 i/o. So you can get the full amount of channels in Pro Tools Studio.
https://www.avid.com/pro-tools/comparison
Old 09-22-2022, 10:26 PM

You can only get 64x64 with DVS at 48K. It does 32x32 at 96k and 8x8 at 192k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control