Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-15-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Unable to uninstall 6.9, or get 6.9 running

Hey I just reinstalled windows XP, and had installed 6.9 and it worked fine, I added the various plugins I use, Waves, Digi Shared, etc. and when I tried to start up the program I got a failure to load due to some exception. Of course when I try to uninstall 6.9 it does not allow me to and pretends to finish the task and then it's still there. When I try to install 6.7, naturally it tells me that there is another version on the computer. So I can not get 6.9 to work, I can't uninstall it, or install a notehr version
And to top it off now when I try to install a new copy of 6.9 it gives me an icon error. So a very screwed if you do, screwed if you don't situation.

Man I wish I had a MAC!

Tim

[email protected]
Old 06-15-2005, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Unable to uninstall 6.9, or get 6.9 running

Quote:
I added the various plugins I use, Waves, Digi Shared, etc.
What exactly do you mean "added"? How did you add them?
If protools was working before you "added", then "subtracting" should solve your problems; why are you trying to un-install protools?

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 06-15-2005, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Unable to uninstall 6.9, or get 6.9 running

Uninstall it this way, reboo=t and try to install again. I have had this problem.

Quote:
This could be caused by a corrupt registry or a faulty installation disc.

It would be advised to create a system restore point before editing the registry.

If any attempt to uninstall and/or reinstall Pro Tools using normal conventions fails, and you suspect a corrupted registry, use a 3rd party utility such as regcleaner to remove all Digidesign entries from the Software and Uninstall portions of the Windows registry. If these sections aren't clearly labeled to you in your 3rd party utility they can be found by navigating to the following keys using your preferred registry editing utility or regedit.exe in Windows.

Software entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Digidesign

delete the Digidesign key

Uninstall entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall \ (any keys relating to Digidesign)

delete any keys relating to Digidesign - this will remove them from the Uninstall list in Add / Remove Programs, allowing you to start a clean install from cd.

After removing the Digidesign registry entries delete the Digidesign folders on the hard drive:

C:\Program Files\Digidesign

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign

Restart the computer

Install Pro Tools from the installation disc.

If this does not take care of the problem you may need to reinstall Windows.

http://answerbase.digidesign.com/detail.cfm?DID=28596