Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 04:36 PM

Default Media Station | PT crash & burn

Greetings,

Trying to get Media Station PT 1.8.2 running on an HP xw8200 with Avid Mojo, HD3 & 192 / sync IO.
Mainly needing to use Media Station to convert Quicktime DV to Avid DV25 for use with Mojo.
I've heard rumors that PT 7.2 will allow Quicktime DV playback out Mojo, is this true?

Big problems with MSPT crashing.
Install goes OK (after reinstalling the OS without HP extra software) and I can start a project and import videos etc..

Once I try to export or do much of anything else, I get a Fatal Error, exception error in mediastation.exe and the app quits. After that, every time I attempt to start MSPT, I get a fatal error 'directIO_cannot_set_sync_source' ... no amount of rebooting solves this, only uninstalling totally and re-installing. But after one inevitable crash, MSPT goes back to failing while initializing audio hardware.

I feel like I am beta testing this software, is there no way to start up without initializing audio? Is there any simpler way to convert Quicktime DV to Avid DV25 for use in ProTools / Mojo?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide:)
Pro Tools HD 7.x Certified Operator - Music & Post
Certified ICON Mixer
Old 06-16-2006, 07:33 AM

Default Re: Media Station | PT crash & burn

Mike, I use PT media station on a MAC OS. Protools can't be open. Media Station had to be installed before PT was installed.
At NAB PT 7.2 was shown to be able to play QT via Mojo ( HD only I think). It could also play multiple clips.
I use Media Station to convert QT for audio Post. Once I figured out the settings it's a drag and drop deal for me. It all depends on what type of QT you get. I recieved a QT MP4 video from a producer (1 hour), it took almost 4 hours to convert. It was highly compressed and from a Pinnacle editing system.
Good Luck.
The install info above was documented by Digi and you might have already done all of this.