Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 12-02-2009, 11:48 AM

Default Pro Tools M-Powered essential 8

I just got the M-Audio keystudio with the Pro Tools M-Powered essential 8.I want to record,but i dont know how,someone can help me with that please??
thank you..
god bless you...
Old 12-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Pro Tools M-Powered essential 8

The documents here should get you going:

Pro Tools M-Powered Essential Documents

Also, see the 2 "sticky" threads at the top of this forum.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:18 PM

thak you,but when i open it i dont see the button to click record,it just show play pause that it.i dont know what i have to do..
Old 12-04-2009, 09:56 AM

can someone help me please
Old 12-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Administrator

See the "Intro to Pro Tools" PDF that is either already in your Help menu, or downloadable from the page I linked to above.

You will find some basic step-by-step instructions, with pictures that should help you find where to look...

You need to add an audio track if you want to record to a new track, then...
To record an audio track:
1 Click the track’s Record Enable button.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:33 PM

I have the same problem. I bought Pro Tools Vocal Studio a few days ago and I have tried to get it to work with no luck just yet. I had to hire a technician from Future Shop where I bought it to come in today to see if he could fix the setup or whatever was wrong and he could not figure it out either. I read the instructions and followed them, but it seems to be recording, although only for 5 seconds, but it will not play after I turn off the record enable and hit the play button.

Before I return this to Future Shop, I want to keep trying. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Should I download and use another program with the microphone - like audacity or something else ... Maybe it`s my PC, although it is new also - Compaq Presario 2.8 GHZ, AMD Athlon II, 3 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:29 PM

Hi, I am new too pro tools, but I experienced the same thing today and this was how I fixed it. When you open pro tools open it as a template, then go to File, close session, new session, choose create blank session then okay...name the session whatever you want click okay and you should now be on a screen with a record button. I hope this helps you, because like I said, I am new. :)