How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 02-21-2023, 03:40 AM

Default Re: Borderless Pro Tools for Windows MAIN THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacerme View Post
I don't want to spoil anything but I am developing a much greater version of the BPT.

Here is a screenshot from the alpha version. Most of the bugs from the previous versions are fixed.

Hey. This is amazing! I'll definitely use it when it's released. More grease, more power to you!
Old 02-21-2023, 09:19 AM

Having been long time user of "Skootch"... I would love to be on this beta.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-27-2023, 01:28 PM

I quit using pro tools for awhile,2016 using CubasePro since it handles large track counts and has expression maps and overal good midi tools.
Now I am working on a project that demands protools so I fired up my perpetual licence that I owned unactive for years.
I have to say was excited what new features it has this time since I haven't bothered for many years.
First thing I noticed is that blue border and I can not distract myself from it
What the hell is it still doing there? WHAT THE HELL!!

Thank you so much for borderless pro tools for windows.you saved me from erratic and obsessive state of feeling that does not belong in a creative workflow.
Old 04-05-2023, 05:42 PM

fired it up (legacy version) and it works amazingly. love it, please avid, hire this guy. what a joke this hasnt been implemented.
Old 04-20-2023, 10:12 AM

Our studio recently switched from Apple silicon to a very powerful windows 11 based system which everyone loves.

The one really frustrating part of that move has been the different look of Pro Tools, especially the inner title bars that take up a lot of real estate. A search directed me here.

With what Avid charges us a year I am shocked they haven't addressed this issue yet. I found posts about this dating back to 2012, now in 2023 this issue still exists, that is just crazy..

I was excited to see someone had built an app to address this, however when we uploaded the borderless PT software it does not work.

We are utilizing the latest version of PT in windows 11 and cant get it to work.

Attention Avid: please write some simple code and fix this please, this is ridiculous.
Old 04-20-2023, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOSO13 View Post
Our studio recently switched from Apple silicon to a very powerful windows 11 based system which everyone loves.

The one really frustrating part of that move has been the different look of Pro Tools, especially the inner title bars that take up a lot of real estate. A search directed me here.

With what Avid charges us a year I am shocked they haven't addressed this issue yet. I found posts about this dating back to 2012, now in 2023 this issue still exists, that is just crazy..

I was excited to see someone had built an app to address this, however when we uploaded the borderless PT software it does not work.

We are utilizing the latest version of PT in windows 11 and cant get it to work.

Attention Avid: please write some simple code and fix this please, this is ridiculous.
It indeed is ridiculous. Avid apparently would want us to complain on the Avid Link app, which is hard as that is the first thing I prevent from starting with the computer.

Congrats on the smart computer choice, for what it's worth!
Windows 11 22H2, Intel i9-14900K, MSI PRO Z690-A D4, 64 GB DDR4 4000MHz/CL18, Corsair HX1000, 1TB M.2 PCIe 4.0, 5TB M.2 PCIe 3.0, 2TB QVO, 2x6TB WD Black, Noctua NH-D15, Fractal Design Define R6 + RTX4070 - PT Ultimate 2023.9

Used to be/ Spare/ DAPS: Mac Pro 4,1 upgraded to 5,1 3,46Ghz 12 Core, 96GB RAM, OS SSD and Sata3 Audio SSD, macOS Mojave, PT Ultimate 2021.10, DAPS 3.7.1

HDX2, MTRX Studio & DAD MOM, HD I/O 16x16, Apogee AD/DA 16X/X-HD and ICON D-Command ES.
Old 04-20-2023, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwaidu View Post
It indeed is ridiculous. Avid apparently would want us to complain on the Avid Link app, which is hard as that is the first thing I prevent from starting with the computer.

Congrats on the smart computer choice, for what it's worth!
Thank you for your post.

To me it makes no sense why such a widely used program, used by so many professional people, is not very carefully crafted for both windows and mac OS to look and function the same.

Even worse, the issue has not been addressed since folks started to complain about it over 11 years ago, so much so, its forced some very kind hearted folks to craft a 3rd party program just to get us there.. Insanity

I love the quality of Apple products, but have never got along well with their OS compared to a windows based machine of equal power, especially with what is available now.
Old 05-04-2023, 12:00 PM

Thank you nacerme!

I can confirm this software is working with the latest version of windows 11 and Pro Tools 2023.3

Avid please hire this talented young man!

Very much looking forward to your future releases of this great product!

On a side note: I did email Bob Nagy regarding Skootch, no reply sadly.
Old 05-23-2023, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOSO13 View Post

100% agree, I recently made the same switch and it absolutely blew my mind tbh. especially given the fact I have a 4K screen + 3090 GPU and yet PT seemingly can't be run at 4k and also looks like it's still Windows 2000... in 2023... yet avid want me to pay £700 a year to 'stay current'... lol.
Old 05-23-2023, 12:20 PM

hmm... just installed.. seemed to work perfectly at first but then just now the plug-in slots in the edit window were all out of sync. So I'd drag one to a different track but it would place it in a different slot to the one I was wanting.

Using Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.5.0

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎10/‎01/‎2023
OS build 22621.1702
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0