Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 01-10-2016, 07:47 AM

Default Upgrading from Hybrid 1 to Hybrid 3?

I've been using my ProTools & ProMac & Hybrid since 2008. My latest version on PT is 9.

Now I'm going to start using a new computer, Pro Mac with Yosemite and ProTools 12 (v. 12.3)...I assume that Hybrid 1 isn't working on this platform anymore, so can I upgrade from Hybrid 1 to Hybrid 3? Or is only option to buy Hybrid 3 without upgrading?

best
Tuomio
Old 01-10-2016, 08:59 AM

Default Re: Upgrading from Hybrid 1 to Hybrid 3?

If I remember correctly, Hybrid 1 was RTAS, which is no longer usable within Pro Tools. You will now need to get AAX versions of your plugins and VIs. You can run VST versions in Pro Tools IF you can host them in a 3rd party plugin like Blue Cat Audio's Patchwork, or Reaper using Rewire within PT.

As for upgrading, your best bet is to check on the AIR Instrument website as to what your options are. You might want to upgrade to the entire AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, as the cost differential makes it well worth it.

Good luck!

Old 01-11-2016, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Upgrading from Hybrid 1 to Hybrid 3?

Okay, thanks...I'll be in contact with AIR

T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
If I remember correctly, Hybrid 1 was RTAS, which is no longer usable within Pro Tools. You will now need to get AAX versions of your plugins and VIs. You can run VST versions in Pro Tools IF you can host them in a 3rd party plugin like Blue Cat Audio's Patchwork, or Reaper using Rewire within PT.

As for upgrading, your best bet is to check on the AIR Instrument website as to what your options are. You might want to upgrade to the entire AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, as the cost differential makes it well worth it.

Good luck!