Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 07:12 AM

Default Mixing to external decks such as Masterlink

Hello,
Can anyone tell me how to mix to my Alesis Masterlink using a digital cable connecting from the MBox 2 to the Masterlink? The manual says set clock to "internal" rather than S/PDIF which doesn't make sense and is not enough information for me to do what I need to do.

I'm looking for a step-by-step guide.

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2007, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Mixing to external decks such as Masterlink

I have My tascam cdrw 2000. spidf in and out from digi 002r does the mbox have both in and out spidf?
I use the spidf in from the tascam, so I can play back cd's into protools. I also mix out to the tascam
sometimes for quick mix, rather than bounce, then burn.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:22 AM

Thanks for writing. I'm not asking what you have, I'm asking how I communicate to Pro Tools that I want to mix to an external source using the S/PDIF. For example I notice there's no way to select output on the master fader?
S
Old 02-15-2007, 08:24 AM

superxxman,
Quote:

Thanks for writing. I'm not asking what you have, I'm asking how I communicate to Pro Tools that I want to mix to an external source using the S/PDIF. For example I notice there's no way to select output on the master fader?
> the "Master Fader" internally controls your tracks main output, which default to "analog 1L/analog2R"
First you'll need to set ALL individual tracks (and their designated master) to SPDIF out.
Visit your IO setup page!
PT must be on internal clock. Feed SPDIF coax cable to your recording device, and set it's sync to "SPDIF/external".

good luck,
hb