Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-15-2002, 03:11 PM

Default Burning CD\'s, bits of music layered where they don\'t belong

This problem is totally random and appears in two different applications. In Toast, many CD's will burn perfectly. Then randomly, a CD will have a track or many tracks were bits of the song are placed in other, nearby areas of the song where they don't belong. It's not the same bit repeating, but different bits. These bits then re-occur where they should be, so it's not moving them, but copying them. Using the plug in Speed, by wave mechanics, i work in fifty minute, continuous mono files. The program will process the files up to the last few minutes. Then the computer freezes and when i re-boot, the new files are intact until the last few minutes, where bits of music have been copied from near by, and again layered over other areas of the song. Sometimes the beat remains the same; other times the beat is distorted.
I work on a G4, 466, 512 memory, 9.2.2 OS, with a second hard drive for the music.
No one i talk to has ever heard of this problem. Help!
Old 10-16-2002, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Burning CD\'s, bits of music layered where they don\'t belong

I think I've had a similar problem; short bursts of music kind of displaced. I changed to a different brand of CDs and haven't come across the problem since.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Burning CD\'s, bits of music layered where they don\'t belong

It's funny; the times I have had this problem the most was using those blank CD's that are supposed to be specifically for audio. Basf/Emtec CDs have also given me grief. I've found the cheap TDKs, Imation, and Ricoh CDs to be reliable.