Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 03-11-2006, 07:51 PM

Default NEW DAW BUILD: Virtual instruments aren\'t working?

I've finally had some time to use my new PT DAW, and I'm having a lot of problems with MIDI. I'm using an 002R with a Studiologic/FATAR SL880 controller, PT 7.1 LE, and BFD and Reason software. Here are the symptoms:

When in PT, I can bring up Reason and play sounds just fine, and the same thing goes for BFD.

When I try to record a MIDI track or Instrument track, nothing records, although I've set everything up like I used to do before changing computers.

When I import a MIDI track into PT (drum tracks) and try to play them back, I get a couple of notes to play back, then I get no further sounds.

I can click on individual MIDI notes in the PT MIDI track, and they register with BFD, and I hear the appropriate drum. I can also add notes to a blank MIDI or Instrument track, and they'll trigger the appropriate sound. But when it comes time to play back that track...nothing sounds.

Last night, I tried clicking into the middle of a song, then hitting the PLAY button. Everything triggered appropriately for several measures, then, it'd stop. Most of the tracks would hang up, it seems, displaying about 50% on the track's level.

I still have no idea what could be causing this, or that Pro Tools won't record MIDI data entered with my MIDI controller, even when I'm hearing the sounds being played back to me as I enter them, and with everything set up according "to the book."

Gosh, if anyone could help me troubleshoot this, I'd really appreciate it. I've been pulling my hair out trying for the past two days. I've done the stuff to "streamline" the PT environment, such as set process scheduling, disable device drivers, delete DAE and PT Prefs, delete Digidesign databases on all drives, update PACE drivers, disable RAID, disable AMD Cool&Quiet, and set the display performance.

Gareth from FXpansion said to upgrade to 7.1, which I did, but it's still happening.

Thanks,

Nick
Digi 002R
Old 03-24-2006, 11:25 AM

Default Re: NEW DAW BUILD: Virtual instruments aren\'t working?

I have exactly the same problem...does anyone has an idea how to solve this problem....PLEASE...I've tried forone week now...Everything failed....