Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2012, 10:54 AM

Default Splitting audio and inserting

For some reason I cannot figure this basic function out!!!

I want to take 8 tracks of audio....I want to break them apart at a certain point and copy/paste a chorus from earlier in the song....I just want to repeat the same part.

Even if I highlight all my tracks at the 5 minute mark, create BREAKS....then try to slide my audio to later in the song, all tracks do not follow.

If I try to highlight the chorus I want to copy (all tracks) when I go to paste at the 5 minute mark it only pastes track 1.

This should be sooooo easy but I cannot figure it out! Seems like I should be able to set and in/out point for the audio to copy and a TO point for the spot I want it inserted!!!!

Help!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Splitting audio and inserting

You have to have all the tracks selected as a "Group". Bottom left corner of window, select Group "All".
Just make sure that when you slide the audio later, you have "grabbed" all of the pieces until the end, and not just the next region. In other words, if you grab the regions at 5 minutes, but there's another region at 7 minutes, you need to select that too... You can highlight whichever track is one region and goes all the way to the end (usually OH or Bass). As long as the tracks are all grouped, it will also select every other region that falls within that time frame.
Hope it helps!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Splitting audio and inserting

I'll give it a shot and let you know how I make out....thanks!!

EDIT : That was the trick! Thanks!