Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2011, 11:27 PM

Default audiosuite handle bug?

I noticed that if I selected a portion of a region that has waveform material before and after the current selection, and then choose to render with any length of audiossuite handle, often times the handles would just be blank audio instead of the waveform masterial from before or after the rendered portion of the region. This doesn't happen 100%, but it happens enough it's becoming annoying...

another thing I've noticed, even though I've selected "whole file" as the default audiosuite handle length, I am still unable to select the whole file option when rendering regions with audiosuite, what gives??
Old 10-23-2011, 11:38 PM
The Cargo Cult

Default Re: audiosuite handle bug?

individual files, clip by clip
Old 10-23-2011, 11:41 PM

ah, ok, thanks for clear that up.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:30 AM

I'm experiencing this also. Handles are rendering blank audio more often than not. Maybe it's plugin specific?
Old 10-26-2011, 06:40 PM

Hey, Justin,

I have it on "create individual files"/"clip by clip" and it works so far.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:35 PM

I noticed this once while editing today as well. There didn't seem to be a reason for it. I've been using this feature without problems for several days now. I had several clips within a larger sequence of edits that were blank after processing them with the EQIII-1 Band. Since all the audio was from one file I didn't take the time to figure out if it was the "handle" from another clip. I did however have "whole file" selected as my handle length. To get around the issue, as I didn't have time to problem solve, I just changed my setting from "create individual files"/"clip by clip" to one that just rendered it out without handles like in the good old days.

I wonder if I go back and test things out if it has something to do with selecting "whole file" instead of a handle length.

Trent Richmond
Sound Editor
IMDB
MacPro5,1 - PT HD 12.7 - HDN/Omni - OSX 10.12.3
Old 12-09-2011, 04:30 AM

Completely broken feature here. Blank handles always regardless of settings. Sad, Avid, very sad.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:11 PM

I'm having this problem too, but it seems to be happening just for audiosuite Gain. Normally I would just use the clip gain, but I'm delivering to Protools 9, and all clip gain gets erased when saving to a lower version.

Both handles are blank when I choose any handle length, and I can't even select "clip by clip" or "whole file." The options are greyed out.

Anybody else run into this or find a fix?
Old 01-29-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzman View Post
I'm having this problem too, but it seems to be happening just for audiosuite Gain. Normally I would just use the clip gain, but I'm delivering to Protools 9, and all clip gain gets erased when saving to a lower version.
You can simply render Clip Gain before exporting down to PT 9. Select your clips with Clip Gain, then either right-click or go to the "Clip" menu and select "Render Clip Gain".
Old 01-30-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Insomaniac View Post
You can simply render Clip Gain before exporting down to PT 9. Select your clips with Clip Gain, then either right-click or go to the "Clip" menu and select "Render Clip Gain".
Oh perfect. It leaves the fades in too. Thanks!