Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2011, 04:15 PM

Default bounce to disk issues

hey guys Im haveing a serious problem I cant seem to get PT to bounce to disk properly every time i go to bounce the timer freezes but the playback will go to the end and it will even convert the files. But every time i go to convert the finished bounce to MP3 and put it on a disk there is either nothing there or just peices of the mix. PLZ HELP cant find nothing on this anywere a quick reply would be great thanks again
Old 07-17-2011, 05:03 PM

Default Re: bounce to disk issues

2 things to consider. first, when you initiate a bounce to disk, at the top of the first window, there is a choice of bounce source. You want that to be whatever is used as your main outputs(like analog L&R or whatever its named on your system). PT9 seems to make a random choice, so you may need to change that. The other thing to consider is, don't bounce to mp3(you never mention what your system is so be aware that the mp3 feature is not free before PT9). I always bunce to wave(aiff for Mac users) and use another program to create the mp3 version(if I need that). My tool of choice is Wavelab, but there are several options(including some free ones).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-17-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
I always bunce to wave(aiff for Mac users) and use another program to create the mp3 version(if I need that). .
IMO, both platforms should generally use BWF format. It really has become the industry standard. I almost never use AIFF anymore, and never when I have the choice.
.: Pro Tools Certified Instructor
.: Pro Tools Expert Certified in Music
Old 07-18-2011, 12:37 PM

I think i got the bounce issue fixed but i just cant seem to get it to burn on to a disk it always seems to pop up with a error reading there was a problem burning the file to disk. I use Roxio 2010 to convert and burn and im thinking that is the problem. but i cant get anytyhing to burn it after roxio converts from WAV. any thoughts??
Old 07-18-2011, 01:36 PM

Why are you converting from Wave? If you're burning an audio CD you need to use 16/44.1 stereo (interleaved) wave files.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 07-21-2011, 12:08 PM

well i cant get the mp3 feature to work and im not really sure what else to do except bounce in wave form. i use roxio creators converter to make into mp3 to be able to put on a cd unless you have a better way. i am always open to opinions

thanks again
Old 07-21-2011, 12:59 PM

So you want to make a data CD and put the MP3s on that, not make an audio CD, correct?

And with any version of Pro Tools before 9x, as albee stated, the MP3 Option needs to be purchased. If you have LE - without any of the Toolkits - you'll have to buy the MP3 Option from the Avid Store in order to bounce out to MP3s.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction