Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2021, 06:23 PM

Default Re: MIDI notes out of sync caused by Delay Compensation?

Happens with all controllers (I have used 5) and they connect via usb (one connects w midi via a MIO).

It doesn’t happen in other DAWs with any of these controllers. It has nothing to do w my controller.

This is a universal problem w pro tools and doesn’t happen with any other DAW.

None of your thoughts address the issue: when I record, the playing is in time. I have recorded the audio to show that. But the midi notes get moved up - too early. The amount varies randomly but does varies depending on buffer size.

Do you record midi in Pro Tools? If you do, do you experience this issue? If you don’t, I’m not sure why you’re chiming in with thoughts that don’t address the issue but dismiss it as non-existent or some artifact of virtual instruments in general.