Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2013, 08:28 AM

Smile Weird playback Lag, suggestions?

I've recorded about 7 tracks with everything in order and in good shape. I moved on to recording lead guitar and when I recorded it, the levels and sound waves synced up perfectly but when I played it back all of the sudden it started to lag heavily. And now, actually, it's not playing back anything at all. But the other tracks are fine. I tried adjusting the playback engine settings and nothing worked. I even moved from recording the guitar from an amp to DI and STILL had the same problem.

Protools LE 8 (windows)
Mbox 2
Old 02-19-2013, 08:38 AM

Default Weird playback Lag, suggestions?

What plugins are on the guitar track? if you disable them all what happens? Does the waveform still look right and just sound wrong or does it now look wrong as well? Are all your installed plugins up to date?

Does this happen in other sessions? What happens if you create a new empty session, create a guitar track and record to that? Don't copy the same session, it as to be completely new.

if that is not it,... Post a Sandra report as described in the "Help us help you -- read this before posting" link in this page. Also try the standard troubleshooting steps there, especially deleting preferences and databases.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Weird playback Lag, suggestions?

+1 for a Sandra. Meanwhile, trashing prefs and database files is always a good idea when things act "odd". Also, what is your record allocation set to(in Preferences)? By default, its set to "use all available space" and I would change it to 10 minutes(unless you need to record something longer). BTW, once you trash prefs, you will need to go back and reset your preferences(included the Record Allocation time).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave