Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-17-2006, 05:03 AM

Default Error Messages -6097, -6086, -9128

I've had enough now (sorry to open up the thread in disappointment). I've been putting up with these errors upon every session that I've ran for the past few months now.

I keep getting:
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6276/01eo2.png
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1966/02yz0.png
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7254/03pi9.png

I was running 7.0 with OS X (10.4.2) for a while, for the sake of not risking new updates upon the system. I had no luck, so I updated to 7.1 (CS7), again with OS X (10.4.2). I still had no luck. I then updated to 7.1 (CS8), again with OS X (10.4.2). Again, I still had no luck. Even though it is yet to be confirmed, I decided to give it one last try and update OS X (10.4.2) to OS X (10.4.7). I'm still having no luck what-so-ever.

I've tried a variation of settings. I've tried increasing the hardware buffer as it suggests, and I still get the error/s at the maximum setting of 1024 (I've also tried increasing the AudioSuite buffer to the maximum setting, also to no avail). I've tried increasing my CPU limit from my usual setting of 95% to 99%, but again, I still get the error/s. The unit also loses connection every time I start up a session containing certain RTAS instrument plug-ins.

I run my audio on an external hard drive, but I've also tried disconnecting it and running an exact copy of a given session on the internal drive, and I still get exactly the same error/s.

Then to top it all off, I get this:
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7135/04xa7.png

... After manually closing Pro Tools when the session has contained certain RTAS instrument plug-ins.

Digidesign, or anybody else for that matter, do you have any suggestions?
Could this be the infamous power harness issue? Or, maybe a firmware issue? A PTLE7 issue? All three?

Thank you,
onlyone-jc.

------------------------------------------------------------
Apple Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz (Hi-Res), 2GB RAM
Digidesign 002R
Digidesign Pro Tools LE
Old 07-17-2006, 09:43 AM
Avid

Default Re: Error Messages -6097, -6086, -9128

Have you tried all the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting thread yet?

It's extremely important that you make sure all installed plug-ins are Pro Tools 7 compatible - even just having an incompatible plug-in in the plug-ins folder can cause strange problems.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:37 AM

Compatibility
- I have checked whether or not my computer is supported, and it is stated as supported.
- I have checked the format-type of each of my hard drives, and my internal drive is formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) (done by the OS X set-up installation), and my external audio drive is formatted as Mac OS Extended (done by the Apple Disk Utility).

But, like I've said, the problems occur no matter what drive I run a session on.

General Setup
- My display resolution is set way above the minimum of 1024x768.
- I don't have a Classic option on my System Preferences panel.
- Both my date and time are set correctly, and I'm using the 12-hour format.
- I haven't disabled the Sudden Motion Sensor (SMS), because it's there for a good reason.

Energy Saver
- Both system and display sleep sliders are set to Never.
- The Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible option is un-checked.
- I don't have a Processor Performance menu.

AirPort
- I have switched AirPort off.

Pace Drivers
- I don't use an iLok, so I don't see the need to do this.

Troubleshooting Tips
- I have deleted com.digidesign.protoolsLE.plist, DAE Prefs, DigiSetup.OSX, and Pro Tools LE v7.0 Preferences/Pro Tools LE v7.1 Preferences.
- I have then emptied the Trash, and restarted my computer.

Repair Permissions
- I have repaired all permissions.

Databases and Volumes
- I have deleted the Digidesign Databases folders on the first level of all mounted hard drives, and have delete the Volumes folder in Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Digidesign > Databases.
- I have then emptied the Trash, and restarted my computer.

Uninstall and reinstall Pro Tools
- I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall Pro Tools LE on two occasions, with no avail to the problems.

New User Account
- I have not created a new user account, simply because I don't see its relevance. If you can persuade me otherwise, I may give it a try.

Disable Virus Protection
- There is no virus protection installed on my computer.

Other Troubleshooting
- I have removed my external drive, and have ran an indentical copy of a session on the internal drive, with no avail to the problems.
- I have done a full extended hardware test on my computer, and it has passed it completely.

Login Items
- I have two login items activated, and they are YouControlTunesEngine, and iCalAlarmScheduler. I don't feel any of these to be a threat to my computer.

StartupItems
- I have only the three folders listed, which are Digidesign Loader, Digidesign Mbox2, and PACE Support.

FileVault
- I have disabled FileVault.

Spotlight Indexing.
- I have not disabled Spotlight, since I use this feature. I don't see its relevance in this particular situation, so if you can convince me otherwise, then I may consider disabling it.

Dashboard.
- When running Pro Tools LE, I don't usually initiate the Dashbaord before-hand, therefore it is not in memory when Pro Tools LE is running.

Plug-In Compatibility
- I only have two plug-ins that aren't listed on the compatibility list. They are DFH Superior, and Roger Nichols Inspector. DFH Superior has only just turned RTAS beta, and so I have been running this plug-in via ReWire, thus, in my opinion, would probably not make it an issue. I have only just installed the latter (Roger Nichols Inspector), and have been experiencing all of these problems before I had this plugin, so, again, I don't see this as an issue.

Disabling Processor NAP
- I haven't disabled NAP, because, again, it is there for a good reason. So, if you can convince me otherwise, I may disable it.

How to Remove Unwanted Demo Plug-Ins & Software
- I have no unwanted and/or demo software plug-ins installed.

If you're experiencing noise from the Mbox II, there are several things to try
N/A.

Summary
So, to summarise; I have done and complied with everything on the list, other than:

- Format my external hard drive as Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
(Since I have tried to run an indentical session on my internal drive which is formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled), with no avail to the problems)
- Disable Sudden Motion Sensor (SMS)
(Since this has been put there for a good reason).
- Update Pace Drivers
(Since I don't use an iLok).
- Create New User Account
(Since I don't see its relevance).
- Disable Spotlight
(Since I use this feature, and, again, I don't see its relevance).
- Disable Processor NAP
(Since this has been put there for a good reason).

Please could you discuss with me the relevance of all of the above points that I haven't complied with, and reassure me of their actions. I feel wary of disabling safety implementations such as the Sudden Motion Sensor (SMS), and the Processor NAP features. So, if you could, again, explain and reassure me of their relevance, and their actions, then I may comply and disable them temporarily in order to clarify whether or not they make any difference to my problems.

Thank you DigiTechSupt,
onlyone-jc.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:14 PM
Avid

Try removing the DFH Superior from your plug-ins folder, trash preferences and try everything again. Let me know if you still are getting errors.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:53 PM

Right I've done some more experimenting.

I did what you said, but since I don't use Superior as an RTAS plug-in (although it is available as a beta now), and use it via ReWire, the only way that I could see fit to make Pro Tools LE not see it, was to remove the DigiReWire DPM from the plug-ins folder. I trashed all the preferences and databases, emptied the Trash, and rebooted my computer. I then launched Pro Tools LE, and it made no difference.

So, I decided to experiment a little. I made sessions with individual plug-ins loaded, closed them, and then re-opened them to see if I still got the unit disconnection error upon the session-start. I came to the conclusion that only Native Instruments Reaktor 5.1.1 caused this initial error (I've been getting these errors since 5.0, so it's not the 5.1, or 5.1.1 update/s).

However, I then decided to create a new session and see if it was processor-related. I created 32 new mono channels, and loaded 32 instances of the DigiRack 3 compressor/limiter plug-in at the first insert of each channel. The unit instantly lost connection, I pressed OK in order to confirm that I knew, and that I wished it to attempt to reconnect. This process continues infinitely, and the unit will not connect at all.

To me, this says that, when under a high processor load (I'm not sure, is 32 instances of the DigiRack 3 compressor/limiter plug-in a high load for a 1.67GHz G4?), the unit can't handle it and therefore this causes the unit disconnection error.

In comparison to my 32 compressor instances test, it seems that Reaktor may be causing severe processing spikes, thus causing various errors. You seem to have this plug-in confirmed on your compatible plug-ins list, and so I'm a little confused as to why such conflicts would be happening when you state it as having passed for compatibility.

This is by no means a final conclusion to my problems, since it is simply made up from some basic tests run over about a half an hour duration. But, it does seem to reveal a few things.

What next, DigiTechSupt?

Thank you for taking the time to help,
onlyone-jc.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:13 AM

Quote:
What next, DigiTechSupt?

Thank you for taking the time to help,
onlyone-jc.
*Bump*
Old 09-29-2006, 11:16 PM

Hi, did you solve any of your problems? I have the exact same problems on a G5 Quad 2.5 and I tried everything possible.
Thanks,
Nard