Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 10:59 AM

Default \"apply to all\" butttons doesn\'t work...

hello guys...
I'm kind of helpless with my C24...
I'm just unable to use the "apply to all" (selected or not) buttons
is it a mode question ?
I tried to select all the tracks using apply to all + selct button on a track... nothing happenned
I tried to use them with an insert...
I found out how to use the automation but that's all
so I would need a step by step example, thx

phil
Old 02-25-2006, 07:02 PM

Default Re: \"apply to all\" butttons doesn\'t work...

Phil,

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that the "Apply to all" button is only used for automation. I'm not near mine right now, but I think the all of those buttons over on that part of the board are for enabling automation and writing it. I think it's used to apply to "all" of the different automation paramaters like panning, mute, volume, etc. Is the button you're talking about located on the left side next to the faders? If it is, then that's the Automation section you're looking at. Not sure I've helped but I just seem to remember that was why that button was there. I'd still check with others if i were you. I wouldn't trust me on this one!
Old 02-28-2006, 11:25 AM

hey Scott !!! happy to ear from U...

well, I'm not talking about the automation section on the left part of the C24, I know they're only for that application (guess my first message wasn't really clear !! lol)
ok, so...

I'm talking about the "apply to all" & "apply to all selected channels" buttons, just above the automation ones...

I don't understand how they work. for example, I'd like to open an EQ on all my drums tracks,
& apply the same one to all those tracks.
so I guess I select the tracks I want to apply the effect to, then what ?
press the "appply to all selected channels" while open the EQ in a track ?
open it then press the "Aplly.." button ?
I've tried dif methods without any success...

how U all use them ?

I'm still reading the C24 book & find myself incapable of using it...

maybe it's due to my lack of understanding in english, but still...

it's kind of frustrating

anyway, thx for U'r answer Scott...
Old 03-01-2006, 06:22 AM

Hi,

To open plugins on multiple tracks... option+shift and all selected tracks will instantiate the same plugin.

To select multiple tracks in a row! for example... select track 1, hold shift, select track 10, now all tracks for 1-10 are selected, now press cption+shift and open a plugin on track 1 and all tracks will instantiate the plugin.

This is the same for assigning outputs, busses etc.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:08 AM

thx, Crizdee...

gonna try that
Old 03-04-2006, 12:05 AM

Hey Phil!

Yeah, Chris is right, I was reading your post in my usual "DUC" position, in my recliner, as far away from my stusio as possible, and LATE at night after a day of having "ssevere tudio butt" plus I was knodding off at the laptop. (I think I sent about three e-mail s that night without even knowing it! Duhhhh) You were right, I was thinking (maybe dreaming is a better term for that night) of the other buttons. Opt-click is the 1000 dollar answer. He's pretty good isn't he? Plus, I've noticed that he's always been real helpful to a lot of people.

Sorry I sent you down the wrong path dude. I don't use that button too often either. I just use the keyboard shortcut. I have this really cool desk that was custom made fot the studio, but it was made way before the C-24 was out and the desk housed a small HUI when that was one of the first cvontrol surfaces. So my board sits real high and i kind of stay clear of the higher areas because of reach issues. I want to cut away the top of the desk like it had been done for the HUI, but it would mean a lot of rack reshuffling and more than that, it would mean a mess that I am too busy to deal with. More likely, too lazy!!!!!

Anyway, it's nice to hear from you again too, and I'm sorry I couldn't help you this time around. Chris is way up on things though. If he ever answers a post of yours, chances are high you will be sleeping better that night. Glad you got taken care of!

Hope all is well! Oh, BTW, to add to Chris's post so not to look like a complete tool...you can use the apple key as well, if you want to select non contiguos tracks. Let's say that you want to select an EQ for an Overhead L-R Stereo Aux were bussed to, and you have them in between the other drums e.g. K, Sn. HH. Hi Tom . Mid Tom. Lo Tom. OH L, OH R( bussed to AUX track w/ OH L/R you can use Apple-shift there and skop the individual OH tracks and go right to the stereo Aux Bus w/out mioving the tracks together in PT. OK, I feel a little better take it easy bro! I will catch you next time. Only you'll be telling me how to fix something no doubt!