Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Buss Clicks

I've got a problem that has been plaguing me for months. On some sessions where a number of tracks have been assigned to a buss and routed to an aux fader a single track in the group will start to intermittently click. The clicking sounds just like clocking errors but they are not. If I change busses or simply un-assign and then re-assign the clicking channel to the buss, the clicking stops. The problem always follows the session. In other words if I close and open the session it re-appears. If I use the session as a template it re-appears. If it doesn't happen in a particular session it never happens in that session. If it does happen, it always happens. Otherwise my system is stable. I use a dual G4 1.2Gig with a core card and 3 Accel cards, a Control 24, and a 192.Hooked up digitally is a Lexicon 960 and everything is clocked from a Rosendhal Nanosync. The system has additional cooling. Any ideas?
Old 11-02-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Buss Clicks

What happens if you remove the 960 ( is it clocked to the Rosendahl?)
What happens if you then use internal clocking? then clock the 960 to the 192 Clock output
Old 11-03-2005, 06:26 AM

Thanks for the suggestion but, as I said, everything is clocked to the Rosendhal. Changing to internal clock makes no difference and clocking the 960 from an AES port of the 192 makes no difference. It may have something to do with sessions that are started on other systems and then brought to mine, but this connection seems vague.

Jeff Wolpert
Old 11-03-2005, 09:22 AM
Avid

Is it possible that there is some kind of session corruption?

Have you tried creating a new session and using 'Import Session Data' to bring in the tracks from the original session?

If not, I would try that and see if the symptoms disappear. It also may be related to a specific track in the session and importing tracks one by one may help narrow down which one is problematic.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:21 PM

Thanks for your reply. Typically this happens when I open a session form another system. If I mix in this session and then save as a template by removing all the audio and automation data, the clicks will appear in any sesion based on that template. If I get rid of the clicks by re-assigning the bus and save the session, the clicks will re-appear when I open the session the next time. I can always tell which channel is causing the clicks as they register on the meters.In any given session where there are clicks, they will always occur on the same channel. It seems to happen on larger sessions. The clicks occur while at rest or while playing. All my hardware passes the Digitest checks.They are the kind of clicks that de-clicking gets rid of, I've tried it with the Sony De-Click plug-in.
Thanks,

Jeff