Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 05-05-2021, 07:11 PM

Default Have a perpetual license but can't activate Pro Tools 12?

Hello,

This happened to me last year and was able to fix it by unintstalling and reinstalling, but that doesn't seem to be working this time.

I have a Pro Tools 12 Perpetual License, and when trying to activate, I am unable to.

I have three iLok locations listed- my iMac, the iLok, and the cloud (which I'm not currently signed in to). I can activate Pro Tools on the iLok, and it says successfully activated. On my iLok, it says Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle is Activated.

When I go to launch Pro Tools, I get a Pro Tools /iLok popup, and I click Activate, then login with my ILok account. Then a popup says Select License to Activate - ("You don't have any licenses in your account..."

I click Show Locations, which has two windows - on the left, the iLok Activations which lists my iLok. On the right is Computer Activations, which is empty. I cannot do anything here except click Done.

Also, on the Avid Application Manager, anytime I try to install a plug-in, I get "Failed Install: (BBD Delay) install failed. Installer not found." or "Installer is corrupted and will be deleted."

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.
Mac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Last edited by degas02; 05-05-2021 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Trying to post but kept getting a server error. This was posted in error.
Old 05-14-2021, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Have a perpetual license but can't activate Pro Tools 12?

I'm having the same problem. Did a fresh install of High Sierra on my iMac, and I can't get my Sibelius to connect with the Application Manager. It won't download anything, including the plug-ins for ProTools. I need Sibelius to start working ASAP. I have gigs coming up..