Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2009, 09:03 PM

Red face hey shan

the scrolling you were talikng about is just the fast forward and reverse. That actually is not the scrolling I'm talking about. My wheel as you know does both up and down and left and right. Thats the way it was with 7. Its definitely not the same with 8. When I say scrolling its when you grab the bar on the bottm or the right hand side and move it, no cursor involved. I can roll the wheel and get the up and down bar to move(right hand side). but when I try to move it right left the bar at the bottm does not move, it used to with 7. Any idea on how to communicate this to Digidesign?
Old 03-28-2009, 02:24 PM

Default Re: hey shan

Hi Stixstreet!
I am having the same problem as you, what you describe above is "exactly"
what I am missing! have you figured it out yet!?
i tried with an apple mighty mouse , a logitech G9 with a tilt wheel and a
Kensington Slimblade Wireless Media Mouse... no joy - no horizontal scroll on Pt v8cs2 on win XP.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:44 PM

Horizontal scroll not working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan
The first emergency macro script we need to get out the door for PT 8.0 is one that fixes the slow horizontal scrolling when using shift+mouse wheel. The horizontal scrolling is so slow now, it makes PT 8 unusable if the shift+mouse wheel is essential to your work flow. Download it here:

PT 8 Horizontal Scroll Fix 1.0 (Compatible with HD, LE & M-Powered on XP/Vista/Windows 7)

Here is a video that does an A/B comparison of the horizontal scrolling speed between 7.4 and 8.0 using the script.

(direct video download link)

Unzip, double click to run the script and start scrolling again with speed. To exit the script, go to the system tray, right click the script icon and select exit. I matched the horizontal scrolling speed of 7.4 so you're in safe hands now.
I've got this starting with windows and it works great.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:42 PM

Yes it does.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-28-2009, 05:47 PM

Hi guys , thanks for your responses. I have tried that script..
it is to speed up the slow but functioning horizontal scroll of PT8, which is great - but what myself and stixstreet are experiencing is a different problem.

I have a 360 degree scroll wheel on my kensington mouse, (quite like the apple mighty mouse), i do not need to use the shift+scroll up/down to get from left to right.

and this is where the problem lies,

when i scroll the wheel up and down the pro tools arrange scrolls up and down, perfect,.

when i scroll the wheel left and right, the pro tools arrange does nothing : (
however it did (and still does) work on PTLE7.4 - just not in PTLE8!

so it's kinda frustrating after getting so used to working like this, after gaining all the nice new features of PT8 - I seem to have lost one very important one!
Old 03-28-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeluth View Post
Hi guys , thanks for your responses. I have tried that script..
it is to speed up the slow but functioning horizontal scroll of PT8, which is great - but what myself and stixstreet are experiencing is a different problem.

I have a 360 degree scroll wheel on my kensington mouse, (quite like the apple mighty mouse), i do not need to use the shift+scroll up/down to get from left to right.

and this is where the problem lies,

when i scroll the wheel up and down the pro tools arrange scrolls up and down, perfect,.

when i scroll the wheel left and right, the pro tools arrange does nothing : (
however it did (and still does) work on PTLE7.4 - just not in PTLE8!

so it's kinda frustrating after getting so used to working like this, after gaining all the nice new features of PT8 - I seem to have lost one very important one!
the problem me and shane have with this stuff is we cant code it and test it w/o having the hardware and we can only buy so much stuff and buying hardware and writing this stuff for one or 2 people is just not worth the work and it will cost us money.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 03-29-2009, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stixstreet View Post
the scrolling you were talikng about is just the fast forward and reverse. That actually is not the scrolling I'm talking about.
The scrolling that my script sorts out is horizontal scrolling. The Pro Tools command is Shift+Mouse Wheel. All I did was put the speed back to where it was in 7.x.

Quote:
My wheel as you know does both up and down and left and right.
This sounds like you use the tilt wheel found on Logitech mice.

Quote:
Thats the way it was with 7. Its definitely not the same with 8. When I say scrolling its when you grab the bar on the bottm or the right hand side and move it, no cursor involved. I can roll the wheel and get the up and down bar to move(right hand side). but when I try to move it right left the bar at the bottm does not move, it used to with 7. Any idea on how to communicate this to Digidesign?
Search this thread for scar87. He resolved the tilt wheel problem long ago.

His fix.

Hope that helps.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 03-29-2009, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stixstreet View Post
the scrolling you were talikng about is just the fast forward and reverse. That actually is not the scrolling I'm talking about.
i may be getting this very wrong but ..
i believe stixstreet is allready referring to the scar87 fix.
where scar87 has assigned - number 1 (which makes the transport reverse) to his left tilt, and number 2 (which is fast forward) to the righ tilt.

this is bound to be handy for tilt wheel users, but please take a look at this 360º Scroll Ball mouse.
http://us.kensington.com/html/13881.html

this is the mouse i use, and i suspect stixstreet has something like this too.
whilst the 360 scrollball scrolls pt7.4 vertical and horizontally, it doesn't work horizontally at all in pt8. which is weird right?!
Old 03-29-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeluth View Post
i may be getting this very wrong but ..
i believe stixstreet is allready referring to the scar87 fix.
where scar87 has assigned - number 1 (which makes the transport reverse) to his left tilt, and number 2 (which is fast forward) to the righ tilt.

this is bound to be handy for tilt wheel users, but please take a look at this 360º Scroll Ball mouse.
http://us.kensington.com/html/13881.html

this is the mouse i use, and i suspect stixstreet has something like this too.
whilst the 360 scrollball scrolls pt7.4 vertical and horizontally, it doesn't work horizontally at all in pt8. which is weird right?!

pt 8 has had a few issues on things like this. i guess if you drop ship me and shan one between us we could get it working pretty quick

i would start with removing and reinstalling the mouse software and go through the settings and see what you can find.

as always the crowd with the new or oddball hardware and software gotta deal with some of these problems and work on their troubleshooting or begging skills good luck

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 03-29-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
pt 8 has had a few issues on things like this. i guess if you drop ship me and shan one between us we could get it working pretty quick
Ya, without the actual product in front of me I can only speculate. If the lef/right actions are sending/using button 3 and 4 messages, then a fix should be easy.

Another recommendation is to get the basic fundamentals of AHK down. Remapping mouse buttons can be done and learnt in an hour by a newbie. It's also an essential engineering/studio tool that should be known. It would also be easier for me and guitardom to offer AHK help on the Skunk Works thread than speculate and trouble shoot a product we don't have in front of us.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit