Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-30-2001, 09:55 PM

Default How to compensate for midi delay

How do I compensate for the midi delay along with my audio tracks . I'm sure that I was on when I was playing them. Or what if I just go streight audio in? with the keyboard if I pretty much know what Im going to play I realize though that the best thing is to be able to quantize, then run another chord into my mixer from the same keyboard in audio after quantize then erase the midi track? am I off here? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2001, 04:33 PM
Avid

Default Re: How to compensate for midi delay

-You will probably want to create an offset for your MIDI tracks. Please refer to pages 307-308 in the PT 5.1 Reference Guide for more information.

Brent
Old 07-02-2001, 09:26 AM

I have done midi recording quite successfully right off the bat without any compensation. Seem to work okay for me. I keep my buffer sizes to a minimum and I think that helps with the lag. But I am not very experienced in the midi dept, but the stuff I have don't works pretty well.

I record drums and keys on midi, and then fart around with the tempos, quant's and patches etc. When I have what I want, I just record it on an audio track and it fits right in. Ie still in time with the guitar and bass etc. If there is a lag it is very small.
Old 07-02-2001, 10:16 AM

Another question about midi? what about if your changing sounds for the different tracks on the same song and and you want all of them to play back on their respected sounds and patches. How can that happen. I only have one keyboard. do I have to build and audio track of each midi track before I move on? and If I do should I save the midi track or erase it already once the audio is the way I want it? thanks to you all who have taken the time to help un less knowledable. I wish there was a pro tools club here is sounthern calif. Greg/ the surchur! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]