Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 01-05-2022, 05:37 AM

Default Auto tune and DSP mode bug?

Hello all, anyone experience a latency issue when they put auto tune on a track?

If I put auto tune on a track and enable DSP mode I can hear latency in the headphones. When I disable auto tune, the latency is still there. I then have to toggle DSP mode off and on again to get the latency to go away. If you Reenable auto tune, it happens again. It only affects the track with auto tune on it. No other tracks. I can arm record on another track and there is no issue. Go back to the track with auto tune (assuming I hadn’t toggled dsp mode and still disabled AT) and the latency will still be there.

I’m using auto tune hybrid, and this is 100% replicable. I can do it on a new project with only one track. I can’t figure out if it’s a DSP bug or an auto tune bug, so far only auto tune exhibits this behavior. Curious if anyone else can replicate it.
Old 01-05-2022, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Auto tune and DSP mode bug?

Sounds similar to this problem, which is in the middle of a thread about general timeline problems....
Thread: https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=417631&page=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwavo View Post
I’ve had the same problem often when I’m recording / over-dubbing a track…all is good when monitoring input ( DSP engaged and record enabled )… but when I disengage both the track- occasionally the plays back wildly out of sync.

My primitive response is to click/unclick the DSP and record enabled buttons a few times and it all starts playing back properly.
A little annoying but only happens from time to time…
And always corrects itself with a little fiddling…
Old 01-05-2022, 07:12 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightamrock View Post
Hello all, anyone experience a latency issue when they put auto tune on a track?

If I put auto tune on a track and enable DSP mode I can hear latency in the headphones. When I disable auto tune, the latency is still there. I then have to toggle DSP mode off and on again to get the latency to go away. If you Reenable auto tune, it happens again. It only affects the track with auto tune on it. No other tracks. I can arm record on another track and there is no issue. Go back to the track with auto tune (assuming I hadn’t toggled dsp mode and still disabled AT) and the latency will still be there.

I’m using auto tune hybrid, and this is 100% replicable. I can do it on a new project with only one track. I can’t figure out if it’s a DSP bug or an auto tune bug, so far only auto tune exhibits this behavior. Curious if anyone else can replicate it.
Hello,

Which version of Pro Tools and Auto-Tune are you running?

If you go to I/O Setup>Output and set both the Audition path and AFL/PFL path to 'none', does that help?
Berkeley, CA
Old 01-05-2022, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Hello,

Which version of Pro Tools and Auto-Tune are you running?

If you go to I/O Setup>Output and set both the Audition path and AFL/PFL path to 'none', does that help?
Hi Kyle,

Im on 2021.12 and Auto-Tune Hybrid V9.0

I will try the audition path change and let you know if it works. Regardless, the latency being sticky is what is weird. If I disable the plugin, I still hear latency. I have to turn off DSP mode and turn it back on to get back to no latency on that record enabled track.... It's like the plugin turns off DSP in the background and I have "restart" it.
Old 01-21-2022, 11:03 AM

I have not experienced this yet and I regularly run 20-50 instances of AT hybrid in sessions. I'm on PT 2021.10 and AT 9.0.1
Strange dsp timing things do pop up randomly however. I'll keep a lookout for this one and let us know how it goes.