Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 10-13-2022, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Editor Windows 11 ERROR

Note: My error when starting the Editor was "error initializing eleven rack midi"

I have a test version of Windows 11 running on another M2 drive on my motherboard.

I tried all of the solutions note in this post. I also ran into the Pace legacy issue when I tried to re-install the Editor. This introduced the ILOK legacy problem with the Blue screen of death. I started all over again with the windows install and upgraded to the new ILOK version before trying to re-install the editor.

So now I'm back to the beginning with this initialization error. I believe the vendor owes us a fix. It clearly works fine on Window 10 and is a show stopper for me if I can't get it to work on Windows 11. Many of us have a lot of money is invested in the eleven rack and Pro-Tools. The Editor is a key component for loading presets. we deserve a fix from the vendor.

I bought the Eleven Rack in 2016. Six years is not an acceptable value.
Old 10-13-2022, 03:45 PM

The Eleven Rack editor was basically abandonware as soon as it was released. It's had no updates and the team responsible for things Eleven have long since left the company. Which should help calibrate what you can expect. Hoping for a driver update is one thing but I'd just not have high expectations for Eleven editor to be updated. If you really really need this you can run on an old version of Windows, or just manually manage the box/use the front panel etc. it's got a pretty nice physical UI/UX. Personally futzing with the editor trying to get it to work is just not worth the time.
Old 11-14-2022, 12:27 PM

Hi,
I was able to get the eleven rack editor working on windows 11 using a solution posted in this forum.

Under device Manager, sound video and game controllers, I disabled the Realtek(R) Audio driver. This is actually a high definition audio driver that is commonly install on windows systems. If you want to make this drive work with the editor running, you first must completely uninstall and check the box to remove the driver from yours windows 11 system. After a reboot, you can scan for driver updates and it will install the correct Realtek(R) driver and it should work just fine. Alternatively you can install the drivers from Realtek.

I also installed the Asio4 drivers which I hadn't used before. A tip here is to select the correct playback engine (Eleven rack/ASIO4ALL) if the audio seams distorted.
Old 02-11-2023, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawbuck2017 View Post
Hi,
I was able to get the eleven rack editor working on windows 11 using a solution posted in this forum.

Under device Manager, sound video and game controllers, I disabled the Realtek(R) Audio driver. This is actually a high definition audio driver that is commonly install on windows systems. If you want to make this drive work with the editor running, you first must completely uninstall and check the box to remove the driver from yours windows 11 system. After a reboot, you can scan for driver updates and it will install the correct Realtek(R) driver and it should work just fine. Alternatively you can install the drivers from Realtek.

I also installed the Asio4 drivers which I hadn't used before. A tip here is to select the correct playback engine (Eleven rack/ASIO4ALL) if the audio seams distorted.
Thx a lot !

Just disabled the realtek high definitio driver and yaba-daba-doo the editor works again. Starting standalone, or from within Pro Tools in the two ways i know of. Tried going back and forth (enable-disable the driver) a couple of times, and that operation seems to work fine without having to restart the PC. As a next step, perhaps I'll follow your advice to re-install an up-to-date realtek driver, if needs arise for 11R and realtek to play nice.

thx again
/T
Old 02-12-2023, 10:16 AM

Glad you were able to resolve this driver issue.

I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out a solution to the eleven rack editor error. To summarize, the eleven rack editor although old in terms of support will work under Windows 11 as long as the audio drivers are current. To make them current you have to completely remove the Realtek driver first (that little check box) so that window finds the more recent version after a reboot. I suspect this may be true for other audio drivers installed if this solution doesn't work. If you installed Windows 11 clean then you most likely would not run into this problem as the drivers would all be current.

In my situation I installed windows 11 as an upgrade from a windows 10 system.
Old 11-11-2023, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgetone View Post
After the reboot, wait a couple minutes to see if the install automatically continues. I didn't do this at first and ended up with multiple installs running. If it doesn't restart, just run it again, this may require a second reboot. I tried so many times that I forgot.

Eventually it will proceed to the point where you get an error message "Error 1935 An error occurred during the installation of assembly component". Leave the error on the screen and do these manual tasks:
trying to install the editor, but the installation never continues after reboot (windows 11, always updated)
Edit: OK, after the 4th installation start it continued after reboot. I then got the "Midi Engine" error as others, which disappeared after disabling the Realtek Audio. Which is annoying, since that is actually my main computer audio when I'm *not* working on music stuff

Last edited by TauTau_de; 11-11-2023 at 12:32 PM.