Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-10-2003, 10:50 AM

Default Midi Bermuda Triangles....Help!!

I have never encountered this before, of all MIDI bugs I have run into.

I have a certain Drum loop tha tI have looped and looped and looped, well, it turns out that about after 2 minutes worth of looped track, the midi grid, even though ON grid, is off, and now the first notes of my pested 1-bar are missing. Ive seen this before, so I normally will just quantize again, and repaste, that fixes it. This time though, when that little gap opens up, and I try to manually place a note in the space to fix the missing notes, the note will just dissapear. placed, then missing! if some how a note does end up on this magical Bermuda, and I want to delete it, it will remain forever. I can drag a the note out of the place, only to find another note underneath it, and this will occure a million times or so. even if I highlight the WHOLE track, and hit the "del" button, that note will still remain there... wierd?!?!?!?!
=-Ben
Old 05-11-2003, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Midi Bermuda Triangles....Help!!

This is just a guess since something nearly identical has happened to me in other programs.

I think you may be assuming that your loop is perfect which it probably is not. Quantizing can make each note hit on beat, but it can also shorten the length of a loop by moving notes on beat. I would suggest analyzing the original un-looped file and make sure that everything is where it should be and ends **exactly** on bar.

I hope this helps!

If you want you can export your track as a midi file and send it to me. I will take a look and see if I can nail it down. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

[email protected]

38, 39 what ever it takes.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:41 PM

Funk, thanks for the reply, sorry, I didnt see it earlier, and just ran into my problem again while coming back to "the session" Actually, my problem is terible... and there is no cure..

The midi note is pasted in place, I cannot remove it. I hit delete on it nothing happens, I click and drag the note, and the note drags, but another one is underneath the one I drug out of there, and it will continue into eternity. there is never "Not" a note there. There is no deleting of this note... What the Hell is up??!?!?

Eventually, I will get a "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error from Program ProtoolsLE.exe"
And the program terminates..

Any ideas? DIGI help? This is a good session otherwise..
Old 05-21-2003, 07:03 PM

I don't typically use midi that much, but see if this does any good: Make a new temporary session and import the midi track into it, then see if it encounters problems there, if not, just reimport the midi track into the original session.