Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2022, 12:51 PM

Default Perpetual users with support get full access to Inner Circle

With each passing day, the messages get ever more mixed.

Quote:
Thank you for choosing Pro Tools. We’re thrilled to let you know that your current Software Updates + Support Plan for Pro Tools Ultimate now gives you access to all Inner Circle rewards at no additional charge! Get over $2,000 USD worth of plugins, sound libraries, training resources, and more just for being a member—with more to come throughout the year.

You now also have access to SoundFlow Cloud Avid Edition as part of your plan too—an automation platform that enables you to perform complicated, click-heavy tasks with a single keystroke to keep you in your creative flow.

Find all your new treasures in your Avid Account now.
Perpetual customers with a support package used to get only a small subset of all this, seen widely as an inducement to switch to subscription. Then they stopped selling new perpetual licenses, widely seen as the end of the road for perpetual. Then they discounted reinstatement plans to get up to date with perpetual, and stopped the license exchange where you could switch to subscription, widely seen as… well, just confusing. Now they LOVE perpetual customers so much they are showering them with gifts.

FWIW… I suspect they’ve realised that a large proportion of perpetual license holders will never switch, so they’ve decided to put all the effort into keeping them up to date with the support package, which is more or less a subscription anyway.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 08-11-2022, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Perpetual users with support get full access to Inner Circle

In other words:
"There will be no native M1 release this year".
Old 08-11-2022, 01:12 PM

“You can now get some glorified demos for free” yippee!
Old 08-11-2022, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
In other words:
Ha!

Yeah, similar thoughts. No big releases coming.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 08-11-2022, 04:00 PM

If this was a genuine customer "reward" they would give us permanent licenses of all the Avid plugins packaged with our permanent Pro Tools Ultimate licenses, rather than them expiring when we stop our $400 annual payment. (cutting us off from updates would be fine)

I simply never use any Avid plugins in my sessions, because I don't want to ever go back to an older session only to find I'm being held hostage to an annual payment.

Does Avid have any clue as to the sheer number and quality of 3rd-party plugins that can be purchased outright for this kind of money ? Obviously not.
Old 08-11-2022, 04:07 PM

Quote:
If this was a genuine customer "reward" they would give us permanent licenses of all the Avid plugins packaged with our permanent Pro Tools Ultimate licenses, rather than them expiring when we stop our $400 annual payment. (cutting us off from updates would be fine)

I simply never use any Avid plugins in my sessions, because I don't want to ever go back to an older session only to find I'm being held hostage to an annual payment.

Does Avid have any clue as to the sheer number and quality of 3rd-party plugins that can be purchased outright for this kind of money ? Obviously not.
This is exactly how I feel. It's kind of insulting that the Avid plugin bundle isn't properly bundled with the software. I have licenses for better stuff anyway and like you say I won't put myself in the position of being unable to recall a session if i let the support plan lapse.
Old 08-11-2022, 04:22 PM

Quote:
In other words:
What makes you think that?
Old 08-11-2022, 04:31 PM

I'll assume that's a genuine question . . .
Because Avid don't offer us anything unless there's an ulterior motive. Renewal season is coming up, and people are beginning to question shelling out another $400. This means Avid are attempting to pre-placate us with a "heartwarming" gesture to soften us all up to receive the news that "Native M1 Support will not be happening this year, but you should still renew".
Call me psychic, or cynical. We'll see.
Old 08-11-2022, 04:41 PM

When I saw that email, I became very concerned that Avid is going to raise the Support rate significantly to be closer to their PT Flex pricing, which I do not want. (cue Lando Calrissien)

None of those "Inner Circle"items (aside from the 2 that I've already purchased) are of any interest to me, and after watching them break up with UVI, and having to then buy Falcon to ensure my future session compatibility, I'm not remotely interested in any of their time-share partner offerings.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 08-11-2022, 04:42 PM

You know I feel happy about this just because it always seemed so grossly unfair to leave out current perpetual license holders from this program.

Ehh umm, until I realized that the Inner Circle is, ehh, kinda sorta a garbage pile of stuff I don't really want or need, some of it clearly promotional. There's just nothing in this bin that is particularly compelling, more like they scraped it up off the floor. Nothing like the free value adds from Slate Digital that are a lot cooler.

Antares DUO - I have like a zillion free copies I got when I bought plugins

Baby Audio Comeback Kid - ok a fun delay plugin - woot!

Convology XT Loyalty Reward - this is good but I already have it.

DJ Swivel Spread - have it already and not that cool a plugin really, but ok

Groove3 Tutorials - Love this but would love it more if it was a free 1 yr subscription.

IK MultiMedia Amplitube 5 SE - have it already, only the full version

IK Multimedia T-Rack 5 SE - have it already, only the full version

Inspired Acoustics - Inspirata Lite - I haven't checked this out yet, do I want to?

Landr - one of their one knob plugins for Bass, eh so-so.

Minimal Audio Rift Filter Lite - ok another filter plugin. Whooptee do.

Newfangled Audio EQuivocate - this is probably worth checking out

Plugin Alliance - not into subscriptions so not for me

Pro Sound Effects | Foley Essentials & Producer's Pack - don't care

Pro Sound Effects Oddyssey Collection: Design Elements pack - don't care

pureMix Tutorials - I'm sure I'll check these out but just two?

Sound Credit - doubt I'll use this

Sound Ideas — royalty-free music - don't care

Tracktion — BioTek plugin - ok another free synth plugin - woot
Studio: 2021 Mac Studio Ultra M1 20 Core CPU, 48 Core GPU, 64GB Ram, 4TB SSD boot | Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12 | PreSonus Quantum 4848 interface| MOTU 112D interface | Digi PRE, FR OctoPre MKII, Mackie Onyx 800R, Panasonic WZ-AD96M (x2) and DA7, Eleven Rack, Apogee Big Ben, Mercury, Rode K2, Slate VMS ML-1 (x2). Laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559, i7-6500U 2.6Ghz, 16 GB RAM, 15.6" 1920x1080 1TB SSD