How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2022, 03:35 PM

Default Mac Studio HD Native Error -9093

Hi,

I have an HD Native PCIe card in a chassis. I was using a M1 Mac. I did a fresh instal on the Studio (no transfer), set kernals, etc... Will play back fine using internal sound. With HD Hardware I get a sync error but my HD Omni is set correctly. Tried reinstalling driver/PT. No change, also increasing buffer size.

Any ideas?

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/
Old 08-14-2022, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Mac Studio HD Native Error -9093

You may get better help if you provide clear precise details or what was done and what is happening that others have any hope of following.

You are talking about a 9093 error and also talking about a DigiLink sync error??

(I think there are recent similar user reports of sync problems, you need to search for those. (google search with a site:duc.avid.com qualifier)).

When you say the HD Omni is set correctly what exactly it is set to sync from? What are all the digilink devices connected to the system? ... connect only the Omni with one short Digilink cable. Does the problem go away. Does the system past Digitest?

You had exactly what (version of Pro Tools etc.) installed with exactly what macOS version on exactly what computer?

You moved the chassis and did what on a new Studio? Running what Pro Tools and macOS version?

i.e. what are the exact differences between these setups, especially the software stack.

What does set kernel mean?

You following all this? https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ation-on-macOS

Is your system fully optimized? Every last thing done.

You followed the advice in the generic 9093 KB article? (not sure it will help but try it).

What standard troubleshooting have you done? All described under Help Us Help You up the top of each DUC web page. Lots of stuff there you should just be trying before asking.
Old 08-14-2022, 07:47 PM

Hey Darryl,

Thanks for the good advice as usual!

Here is my system:

Mac Studio (basic model)
OSX 12.4
PCIe HD Native card
Echo Express chassis (thunderbolt)
ProTools 2002.7
UAD-2 (thunderbolt)

I removed HD Driver as well as UAD driver and UAD-2 from my system. Things still were not working after a re-install so I removed the UAD-2 completely and also did the steps in the generic 9093 article you referenced.

That did it. Everything came back to life.

I've reinstalled the UAD-2 and it's daisy chained with my chassis and works fine but I think I'm going to add the Apple adapter and plug it into its own port.

As for the Mac Studio vs the M1, I'm able to load sessions that had to be at top buffer range and would struggle with no issues.

I lucked out because it was tax free day in Massachusetts and I used an educational discount.

Basically I got the Mac Studio for $1799 out the door and also got a $150 Apple Gift Card for Back to School.

Instagram:
Old 08-15-2022, 01:47 AM

Great you got it working. The number of hassles/problems folks seem to go through with HD Native and HDX systems on modern Macs is worrying.
Old 08-15-2022, 05:55 AM

YMMV if you plug the chassis into its own port. There are known issues with plugging the Echo Express chassis directly into the Mac Studio. It is suggested that you use a Thunderbolt Dock throughput. It’s possible that since you had it daisy chained through the UAD that this worked as well.

Here’s some info.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...-Compatibility
Old 08-15-2022, 03:06 PM

That's interesting. Right now it's working on its own. The UAD is giving me some problems but I think it's a cable issue. I'll report back with what the best configuration turns out to be.

Instagram: