How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2013, 03:57 PM

Default need help with "replace clip" function

i need a hand with this. i'm cutting a tv series at the moment and all i want is to replace all the edited clips of a certain recording in my timeline with an eq'd version of the same clip. specifically a sound in my ambiance tracks.

i want the sames parts of the original clip to be replaced with the same parts of the replacement clip. this is essential.

no matter what combination i choose from the "replace clip dialog options" box, it will not do this for me. it only effects the highlighted clip and never replaces all the clips in the session, and never chooses the same edit points as my original clip.

can i have a chat with someone here, preferably on the phone, to work this out. my ambs editor is delivering his tracks and i'd like to have him switch out sounds without having to individually fix all the sounds i need replaced.

and if you can't help me and know someone that could, please let me know as well.
cheers,
P.

Supervising Sound Editor / Concepteur Sonore / Custom Sound Effects Recording