Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Lost iLok, can I transfer license to another one?

That seems like a good idea, I assume/hope you can get a PT demo license. You do know any third party plugins will need to be upgraded to AAX-64 to work. Not all plugins are AAX-64 bit yet. The PT11 sessions should be fine and open back up in PT10 later.

Darryl
Old 06-28-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginridge View Post
J,

Sadly, not through iLok but now that you mention it, I do have a tech rider on my road insurance for computers....
I am still not sure you are getting it. ILok does not and cannot insure your iLok for loss, they just insure for temporary license replacement.

Read your computer policy really carefully, you might be lucky but its often the case this would not be covered. It's specifically the loss of a software license key you need covered not just the actual iLok hardware (that is only $40 or so).
Old 06-28-2013, 11:33 PM

No, I get that. I do have a separate policy to cover instruments, computers, data etc on the road that might cover the cost to replace lost software or it's use. I'll have to check the details (if it ends up I need to replace the whole package). I'll beg AVID first.

I'm not using any third party plug ins at this point so hopefully PT 11 will work (and I was just getting the hang of PT 10!).
Old 06-29-2013, 10:31 PM

Thought I'd share an update and thanks. I was able to download the PT 11 demo and work today. Best of all, I have been able to locate the iLok, it's currently 2 hrs away, but safe and I'll get it Monday (and will furthermore guard it with my life!).

Thanks to all for the advice.

Chris
Old 06-29-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginridge View Post
Thought I'd share an update and thanks. I was able to download the PT 11 demo and work today. Best of all, I have been able to locate the iLok, it's currently 2 hrs away, but safe and I'll get it Monday (and will furthermore guard it with my life!).

Thanks to all for the advice.

Chris
Yay.

Also time to check your computer related insurance and maybe get ZDT insurance as well if you can't afford down-time.

I have about a foot long bright colored ribbon tied to my iLoks. Either a multicoloed/rainbow ribbon or some neon ribbon. Fabric or hobby stores will sell them. Makes them harder to lose. Also on the iLok2 slide off the plastic cover and insert a small paper label with your name and contact number etc. Mine also offers are reward for return (in very small type).
Old 06-30-2013, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Yay.

Also time to check your computer related insurance and maybe get ZDT insurance as well if you can't afford down-time.

I have about a foot long bright colored ribbon tied to my iLoks. Either a multicoloed/rainbow ribbon or some neon ribbon. Fabric or hobby stores will sell them. Makes them harder to lose. Also on the iLok2 slide off the plastic cover and insert a small paper label with your name and contact number etc. Mine also offers are reward for return (in very small type).
That's part of the problem with iLok2 - the black casing disappears against anything dark and it's always harder to see dark colors than lighter ones. When I was setting up my iMac system I thought I'd lost the iLok but got lucky and found it when I had all the room lights up bright.

QAPLA!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:11 AM

And, look into the new ilok TLC program. For those without insurance this can be a valuable alternative.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-30-2013, 07:45 AM

Leash your Dongle.

Its the only way to be sure.....

All mine have some type of "tail"

I use neck lanyards. Microcenter have them for 2.99

I really need to label mine but rarely take my main one out.

I'm V E R Y glad to hear it turned up.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 06-19-2022, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Did you read my post?

You have lost your iLok with the license on it. Then that license has gone. It is a non-licence. It is bereft of life. It has snuffed it. Ceased to be. It is a non-license...

Got it?

You can only transfer between two iLoks when you have them both in your possession working and connected to a computer. You don't, so that does not apply to you. Did you not read the bit that said "both plugged in..." In the text you just cut and pasted?

Your options are..

To give up and never use the license again.
Call Avid and beg them to give you a replacement license (work hours, may take some time to sort out, and you may need to purchase an ASC unless you have some free ones left from your purchase).
Go and buy another license
Contact your loss coverage insurance company and ask them what you should do (you typically would have needed to list this on a policy).... We'll assume this is really not an option.

All Pace/iLok can do is get you a temporary replacement license, which you will have to pay them to do, but that will expire. If this is a time critical emergency for you then going and buying a new boxed version (or Eleven Rack bundle etc.) at a local Avid retailer may be a valid option.

Darryl
Arrogant
Old 06-19-2022, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurtool View Post
Arrogant
Well you can go pound sand then, I'll delete my reply to you other lost post trying to get help.

Why you are looking at a 9 year old thread when so much has changed recently is beyond me. Good luck getting help.