Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2000, 12:11 AM

Default please help with sync

I have a jl-cooper datasync2, and I would like to sync my adat to protools, I could`nt
understand how to configure the whole thing togrther, especialy how to configur it with oms.
any help would apretiated.
david
Old 04-19-2000, 05:27 PM

Default Re: please help with sync

David, I'm about to do something for you that no one on this list has been able to do up to now. That is to give you an exact answer to your question with out any doubt or extra bologna! Just go to this site address. It's the second question on the page. Your welcome! http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetnotes...00/page19.html
Brought to you from the site that cures your "popping noises"...

------------------
Armando Diaz
Old 04-21-2000, 06:12 AM

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.a-diaz
i`ve been waiting a long time for a answer,
going to try it now.
david
Old 04-21-2000, 11:42 AM

Hi!
I tried to get help before, but.....I try again and I hope Digidesign can come with a solution ! Because I have a MOTU interface I´ve been in contact with MOTU
but they say I can get more help from Digi..... OK:
I want to syncronize Atari-Notator who reads SMPTE (or any other SMPTE reader!!!) with Pro Tools LE (as Master!): The MOTU interface I own is "Micro
Expres"...which have its own software called MTP Express console. A lot of diff. presets ... The preset "MMC" works like this : it sends MTC to the box,
which send SMPTE out to any SMPTE reader!!...It even has it´s own "Transport", and when I press play ....yes!, my ext. sequenser start reading SMPTE and
everything is OK! So, what I need to do is to control the MTP Express console from Pro Tools. Easy (....) : just send MMC to the Micro express (printer port -
MMC ID 20) and.....I should se how those to software : PT LE and MTP Express console (Micro Express) are in sync....but....nothing happens.
I think I am doing something wrong in the OMS setup...but I don´t know what!!!!???? I have IAC Driver available , etc....I did everything I could but.....
Please help!!!!!!!!!!Somebody!!! Thanks/ P.

Old 04-21-2000, 01:15 PM

well i`ve got the explanation from the site A-DIAZ gave me.it`s prety simple but it`s not working grrrrrr.
i cannot sync protools to a adat.....
so I tryed to go with MMC.....the only thing i could get was to control the adat but protools wont run with it.the adat play, stop, but protools dont.
well so far this is one thing I miss in my old PC.
I read over and over the explanations on the protools guide and I couldnot understand a thing.
DIGI SUPROT PLEASE HELP ME.
Old 04-21-2000, 03:12 PM

YES!!! DIGI SUPPORT PLEASE HELP US!!!!/P.
Old 04-25-2000, 06:45 AM
Avid

Petter,
I've never tried syncing a "MTP express console" from pro tools via MMC. For that matter, I have not touched an atari with notator in about 15 years (mabye more). I've never seen it work. Isn't notator a sequencer? Would it not be simpler to just save your notator file as a standard midi file and import it into pro tools?
Sorry, i'm of NO help on your problem, mabye someone else on this board can take a stab at it.

David -
Great, you got the adat to start and stop based on PT commands but now pro tools won't do anything.
Make sure the smpte is getting BACK to pro tools. Is pro tools ONLINE? If all is right then you should be able to put pro tools online and start the adat (try starting it manually) which will in turn send MTC to pro tools (via the data sync). Sounds like PT's not online.

Let me know

B Carter
Digidesign

[This message has been edited by DigiTechSupt (edited April 25, 2000).]
Old 04-25-2000, 07:17 AM

Thanks for answering, "Digi"!
Atari _ Notator-Unitor is just a great (still) computer-sequenser, reading SMPTE...
...so I was (am) just interessted in how you
can transmit MMC comand to Micro Express...
MOTU told me that it should work but ...only
you can help more.....Why are you not trying
to do this "experiment" one day??? After all
it is good to know how Pro Tools works with
diff. other "machines"....(I guess...)
I will change for shure my MIDI sequenser
and use PT LE ....but only that day I will
find a.....notation"part"in"IT"....Sincerelly/P.
Old 04-27-2000, 04:40 PM

thank you digisuport for your help
everything is working well now.
david.
by the way i changed my user name after reinstaling windows on my pc....