Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 06:00 AM

Default LE users left down again ?

As a protools LE user ( and sporadicly TDM-HD ) for more then 10 years now I feel left down lately. Don't get me wrong I love the software and the quality of it but I was hoping for a big release with the new 003 witch was so dissapointing. I'm looking for the moment to upgrade my setup to have some extra input channels and I bumped into the M-audio Profire lightbridge, I was stunnend and full of disbelieve. 32 ins and 32 out on adat, Spdif in-out, + one stereo out for monitoring, don't forget the wordclock in-out. Total of 34 x 36 ! And this for not even the price of a Mbox2. This is what the 003 should have looked like, No ? It's like they are triing to push to go and use the M-powered version or try to make you so pissed off that you upgrade to a HD system. Even if I should convert to M-powered then i'll be missing my DV toolkit what I really need. What fools are running the marketing anyway ? I just don't get it ...

*Blah*
Old 03-22-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: LE users left down again ?

I am with you brother.
I just did the 002r upgrade and bought and had it moded for acceptable use, bought an Apogee800 and 200.
All this so I can have 10 good channels to do real work and a few other for HPs and such.

Now the Lightbridge comes out with a realistic # of i/o and it can all be good non-digi stuff...

I am truly sickened. I have been a long time defender of this crap because I liked the software.

I got screwed is all I can say.

If Logic really comes out with the PT skin like rumour states, I am OUT!
Hell, I am picking up current Logic and 2 FW cards for the Apogee this weekend to see if I can bail sooner.

Digi,
A "reach-around" or kiss would be appropriate prior to what you just did to your LE customer base. I get the message loud and clear now, thanks for the persistence!!!

:mad

D
Old 03-22-2007, 10:48 PM

A lot of people on these forums were disappointed by the 003, myself included. However, a Digidesign marketing director did hint at a new product coming down the pipeline. Senior Director David Gibbons wrote:
Quote:
...we are hard at work on products which will allow people to move beyond today’s LE family...
As a Pro Tools user since version 5.0.1., I'm going to be patient and see what they come up with before I consider jumping ship. I hope it's worth the wait.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:44 PM

This is a little off topic but I recently demoed 4 different video editing platforms and the ONLY one that couldn't playback audio through my Mbox2 was Avid! So, needless to say, I went in a different direction.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:06 AM

I do not understand what they meen with "we are hard working". What cheek!
We Le users spend quiet a lot of money (2500 Euro) for 8CH I/O and 48 Tracks + Timecode
And suffer just from software limitations.
To disable these few limitations can not be what is considered hard work.

I believe they are hard working on strategies how to keep us buying more Toolkits or what ever.
Surround Toolkit2 1000 Euro, or ADCToolkit 1000 Euro

I hope for Protools 8.0. If there did not happen any major changes for LE users I switch!
Because other Software will have improved a lot by then.
I constantly check out other software and try to learn their workflow. Especially Nuendo.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:21 AM

Ok it was a bit harsh. but sometimes I feel like that.
I am realy expecting digidesign to disable some of
the LE limitations soon.
And this should be free to LE users or at least
to those who bought a DV Toolkit2