Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2020, 06:22 PM

Default Updated to 2020.3—now sessions open with half the plugins disabled + warning

I recently upgraded my Pro Tools to 2020.3 and my Mac Mini to 10.15.4. My Mac Mini is a 2018 six-core i7 w/ 32GB RAM.

Sessions that previously ran totally fine are now opening with a warning "These plugins [...list of plugins...] have been disabled due to insufficient resources."

Any thoughts?

I have not yet tried manually re-enabling the 40+ inserts that are grayed out to see if it still plays, but I'm curious why it'd doing this at all when I've never in my life had PT auto-disable plugins upon opening. Entire tracks? Yes, when I've been over my voice limit but never individual plugins.
Old 04-26-2020, 06:27 PM

Default Updated to 2020.3—now sessions open with half the plugins disabled + warning

Is it the same plugins every time?

Are they Catalina compatible?
Old 04-26-2020, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Updated to 2020.3—now sessions open with half the plugins disabled + warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Is it the same plugins every time?

Are they Catalina compatible?
In this particular session it seems they are and they are all Waves plugins. My Waves plugs are all at the latest 11.0 shell.

When I try to manually re-enable a plugin it says 'the plugin could not be enabled because it does not support the current sampling rate' (which is 48K). It's a very average 48k/24b session.

I ditched all my prefs with the PT Pref tool and still the same problem.

In error detail log, one example plug:
Track "Drum Crush" Insert B ("PuigChild 670") has been made Inactive because an AAE error was encountered.
Old 04-26-2020, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Updated to 2020.3—now sessions open with half the plugins disabled + warning

Ok. That’s good that it’s been narrowed down to a particular company.

I’d try re-installing the Waves plug-ins first. You’ve trashed preferences which is what I would have suggested, so I think a re-install of the plugins would be the next step.

Also, this is happening in any session with Waves plugins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Ok. That’s good that it’s been narrowed down to a particular company.

I’d try re-installing the Waves plug-ins first. You’ve trashed preferences which is what I would have suggested, so I think a re-install of the plugins would be the next step.

Also, this is happening in any session with Waves plugins?

Yes, any session with Waves plug-ins. I'll try re-installing all my Waves plugins. I'm not sure the Waves Central app has a re-install feature... I'll have to figure out how to do that.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
I’d try re-installing the Waves plug-ins first.
That did the trick. Easy peasy. I just launched Waves Central, selected all my plugins and clicked "Install" at the lower right and it installed all of them.

Also, I had to go into System Preferences > Security & Privacy and grant access to a Waves.install thing which installs something when I opened the session (after updating my Waves plugins).
Old 04-26-2020, 07:35 PM

Good to hear you’re back up and running.

The latter is just a security feature that started a few Mac OS revisions ago. Waves won’t be the only one that will cause that security feature to be triggered.

I had to do a Mac Mini build for a client a year ago and the amount of time it took solely because of the added security was staggering.