Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2009, 06:01 PM

Default win7-64 issues with essentials install

If anyone has had this issue let me know if theres a fix...
Installed protools 8 essentials and have a new fast track mkII
Fast track works fine, but essentials wont run. it installs fine, ran it as administrator, the interlok driver installs, the problem is the protools wont run, gives error 7 message lol.....
also downloaded the 8.03 update and it says it cant find an installation of protools, also running updater as administrator, still cant find essentials install. was hoping updater would fix problem but it cant even find the installation. the digi site says win7 64 bit is supported, but it sure wont run after install
Old 12-29-2009, 09:55 AM

Default Re: win7-64 issues with essentials install

The 8.0.3 update isnt compatible with PT Essential yet.. or thats what the announcement says.

The Fasttrack must be connected when you start PT or it wont start.

What are the error messages you are getting. Probably contains a clue to solve your problem.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:52 PM

When I start my Pro Tools M-Powered Essential, I get this "WARNING:"
Loss of Plug-In authorization keys may occur.

This system contains one or more drive(s) formatted with NTFS, which have volume names longer that 11 characters. This combination is know to corrupt some InterLok Plug-In authorizations. If you know which drives are authorized and they are not configured this way, or if you have no InterLok protected plug-ins, then you may continue. In order to remedy this issue before corruption can occur click "Yes" to quit Pro Tools and rename NTFS volumes to names that are 11 characters or less. Next re-launch Pro Tools and this dialog should not appear

Quite Pro Tools?
And then there is a "Yes" or "No" button choice. To better understand my system, you may check out this link.

I am not too tech savvy, so if you have suggestions on how to fix this... I am in 5th-grade.

PapaG (by-the-way, muck thank for any help in this matter).

Old 01-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Avid

Your system contains one or more drive(s) formatted with NTFS, which have volume names longer that 11 characters.

This is know to corrupt some InterLok Plug-In authorizations, however, Pro Tools Essential does not support InterLok Plug-in authorizations, therefore you have no InterLok protected plug-ins, so you may ignore the error.

If you don't want to see this message, you can rename your hard drive that is 12 characters or more to a name that is 11 characters or less.