Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2011, 04:59 PM

Default Avid admin,Where are you???PT LE 8 registration and avid login not jiving???

I have read 20 different scenarios on the correct way to activate my LE Apps that were provided on my installation disc.
It is looking more and more to be the avid site itself and the codes provided that might be the root of these issues.
I have registered my PT LE 8.0.1 with Mbox 2 mini successfully and am having issues with a pop up registration request consistently. And I also have an account profile within Avids site with the user name " jacobsapple ".
I have took every possible route to get to my 3rd party activation code screen.
Avid hasn't even acknowledge my purchase? (even though i have successfully registered my product)???
Please help me!!!

Thank you,
Jacob bergmann
Old 04-22-2011, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Avid admin,Where are you???PT LE 8 registration and avid login not jiving???

If your installation disks contained installers for products to which you are not entitled and you installed them, of course you are going to keep getting authorization pop-ups.

What specific authorization messages are you getting when you start Pro Tools?

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 04-23-2011, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Avid admin,Where are you???PT LE 8 registration and avid login not jiving???

Hey.

I have PT 8 LE installer with 3rd party software purchased legally by myself.
Its pretty simple. My DAW has accepted the registration yet my Avid account does not recognize my equipment and software in the "my products" link. which frequently throws up registration notices on my desktop.
my third party software is demanding a serial number which is very eluding since I need my Avid account to recognize my software in order to acces a link that will produce a serial number.
I assure you, I am not trying to pull one over on anyone, I just think my software auto registry and my avid account are clashing do to a variance between them.
I tried looking for an op to drop my Avid profile and enlist myself with a new profile. And there doesnt seem to be a way to achieve this.
The reason I titled this thread, was that I saw a response from Avid admin that accessed someone else's profile and got him sorted out within the Avid site.
I know the third party software isn't mush to whine about. I just have a job coming up that I could really utilize the Melodyne essentials software. And I have legitimately purchased it and SHOULD be permitted access.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:40 AM

Funny, I have the same issue except I can see my 3rd party apps but not the PT 8.0 LE full install!!! I also saw how Avid straightened it out for someone else. It's quite frustrating because I can't even use my Mbox 2 until I (somehow) get PT 8.0 installed and go through the upgrade process to 8.05... Argh!!