Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 07-31-2018, 06:48 PM

Default Graphic problem with waveforms after editing Clips

I dont know if this is a bug, or new option or something I can disable, but it wasn't present in the last version of Ultimate I had installed and was using. I am on a PC using windows 7(I know this isn't supported anymore). Everything is fine until I try and shorten the length of a clip. If you look at the before and after pictures, you will see that my track actually moves place in the project and is like 2/3rds over the next track(it shifts down). It gets really confusing when trying to make precise edits, and the track totally shift spot in front of your eyes. Sorry if the picture quality isn't perfect(I took them with my cell phone)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180731_214019.jpg (34.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20180731_214024.jpg (34.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-01-2018, 04:30 AM

Default Re: Graphic problem with waveforms after editing Clips

On a side note...this only "shifts" while making the edit, as soon as I let go of the left mouse button, it goes back to its original spot.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:56 PM

OK...quick update. After contacting AVID support for the very first time(I luckily had an active subscription to Ultimate), they were able to reproduce my problem on their end(only on a Windows 7 machine). They informed me that they could not fix this issue as they cannot open a ticket to escalate as it only happens on Windows 7 and it is no longer supported. I was instructed to update my Windows to 10 or to revert to an old version of Ultimate that was working properly for me before doing the update if there was one and that if I didn't update my Windows, I would probably end up missing out on all the great new features coming. I was told that if I upgraded to Windows 10 and the problem was still present, that they would then investigate. So I spent a good portion of the day today upgrading, and low and behold, my problem is gone. So just a quick note that anyone on Windows 7 who is installing ProTools Ultimate 2018.7....you may get this trim bug and there is no workaround(that I know of) to get it to work unless you upgrade to Windows 10. Just letting anyone who is interested or concerned know about my findings and results.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:25 PM

Yeah, I'm having graphic issues too when editing, sliding, nudging, & trimming. I'm too on W7. So looks like I have some cloning to do, & then upgrade...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)