Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-02-2022, 09:41 PM
smurfyou smurfyou is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 840
Default iZotope / Exponential Audio reverbs and M1 update

iZotope officially announced Stratus 3D and Symphony 3D will be updated for M1 / Silicon.

So they went from leaving them off their roadmap entirely, to a period of non-committal statements, and now officially supporting it. I wonder if they had many user requests and/or complaints about it. It's a good decision I believe.

No word on the other EA verbs but these two are the flagships so makes sense.
__________________
~Will
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-03-2022, 08:50 AM
Benoni's Avatar
Benoni Benoni is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Right Behind YOU!!
Posts: 9,897
Default Re: iZotope / Exponential Audio reverbs and M1 update

Plus iZOTOPE is now including Symphony 3D and Stratus 3D in the Music Production Suite 5 Universal Edition for only $599!

Symphony itself is usually $599

And if you already have MPS4.1 you can upgrade for only $199.

Or even upgrade from ANY paid iZOTOPE product for only $399, which is crazy considering you are getting Symphony & Stratus plus almost every other product iZOTOPE makes.

It would be cool is RX Advanced was included, but RX Standard is included and has more than enough repair tools for people making music or podcasts.

Advanced comes in handy if you are doing a lot of post for tv or movies.
__________________
Brian

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2021
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-07-2022, 05:10 AM
simon.a.billington simon.a.billington is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 882
Default Re: iZotope / Exponential Audio reverbs and M1 update

I ended up with Neoverb which is not bad indeed. But I held off on the others as I'm uncertain about iZotope's intentions with them.

I don't think they'll kill them off, but I cant help but feel if the released new versions with an updated UI that they are serious about keeping them around. I don't really wasn to invest in another "Alloy"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-07-2022, 07:22 AM
originalscottyg originalscottyg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,040
Default Re: iZotope / Exponential Audio reverbs and M1 update

My understanding is that Stratus 3D and Symphony 3D, their flagship reverbs, will be ported for native Apple Silicon compatibility, but all the other Exponential products will not get native treatment and will have limited lifespans as Rosetta2 compatible plugins.

Getting them to agree to porting Stratus and Symphony for native involved a lot of people reaching out and asking them to do it. They weren't planning to do so originally.
__________________
Scott Gatteño
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-14-2022, 04:08 AM
simon.a.billington simon.a.billington is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 882
Default Re: iZotope / Exponential Audio reverbs and M1 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
My understanding is that Stratus 3D and Symphony 3D, their flagship reverbs, will be ported for native Apple Silicon compatibility, but all the other Exponential products will not get native treatment and will have limited lifespans as Rosetta2 compatible plugins.

Getting them to agree to porting Stratus and Symphony for native involved a lot of people reaching out and asking them to do it. They weren't planning to do so originally.
It will be interesting to see if that pans out to be true.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-14-2022, 05:07 PM
Eric Lambert's Avatar
Eric Lambert Eric Lambert is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,599
Default Re: iZotope / Exponential Audio reverbs and M1 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
My understanding is that Stratus 3D and Symphony 3D, their flagship reverbs, will be ported for native Apple Silicon compatibility, but all the other Exponential products will not get native treatment and will have limited lifespans as Rosetta2 compatible plugins.

Getting them to agree to porting Stratus and Symphony for native involved a lot of people reaching out and asking them to do it. They weren't planning to do so originally.
I hadn't heard that they explicitly refused to update Stratus/Symphony, but if that was the case, and they changed their minds, it stands to reason that those same minds could change with regard to the other EA reverbs as well.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-14-2022, 08:04 PM
BScout BScout is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,055
Default Re: iZotope / Exponential Audio reverbs and M1 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
I hadn't heard that they explicitly refused to update Stratus/Symphony, but if that was the case, and they changed their minds, it stands to reason that those same minds could change with regard to the other EA reverbs as well.
My dealings with them is they always planned to do Stratus/Symphony (since they are bundled in the post bundle.) This wasn't a change in plan. They had/have no other reverbs in the surround/immersive space.

But they have/had no intention of doing the other ones. It's going to take some (more) complaints to get that mindset changed. Every dealing with them has been pushing to buy their Neoverb as a replacement for the others. (which is of no interest to me.)
__________________
Pro Tools Ult 2022.6, HDX 3, MTRX/SPQ, HD OmniS1 x 2, FireHD x 2, Dock, iPad Mac Pro 5,1 - 3.06 GHz 12 core - macOS 10.13.6RAM 64GB, SSD 4 x 2TB, GPU GTX 980 4GB
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-15-2022, 06:46 AM
originalscottyg originalscottyg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,040
Default Re: iZotope / Exponential Audio reverbs and M1 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
My dealings with them is they always planned to do Stratus/Symphony (since they are bundled in the post bundle.) This wasn't a change in plan. They had/have no other reverbs in the surround/immersive space.

But they have/had no intention of doing the other ones. It's going to take some (more) complaints to get that mindset changed. Every dealing with them has been pushing to buy their Neoverb as a replacement for the others. (which is of no interest to me.)
Whether that is true or not, they never officially stated that they did plan to port Stratus and Symphony to native AS. And those plugins were noticeably absent on their early "roadmaps" that listed which products they planed to port for native.
__________________
Scott Gatteño
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-15-2022, 07:01 AM
Sonopolis Sonopolis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Berlin
Posts: 360
Default Re: iZotope / Exponential Audio reverbs and M1 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
Whether that is true or not, they never officially stated that they did plan to port Stratus and Symphony to native AS. And those plugins were noticeably absent on their early "roadmaps" that listed which products they planed to port for native.
They are on the update list, just on the bottom.
https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us...-Apple-silicon

Still, I will be loosing two plugs in the long term
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-15-2022, 08:19 AM
originalscottyg originalscottyg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,040
Default Re: iZotope / Exponential Audio reverbs and M1 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonopolis View Post
They are on the update list, just on the bottom.
https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us...-Apple-silicon

Still, I will be loosing two plugs in the long term
They are now. They weren't for a long time, as Izotope were still "on the fence" about porting any EA plugins for native..
__________________
Scott Gatteño
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Izotope, Exponential Audio, Melodyne matahaka Buy & Sell 0 10-29-2020 06:31 AM
FS: Exponential Audio Reverbs JaimeGB Buy & Sell 1 01-16-2020 12:42 PM
FS: Exponential Audio Reverbs LDS Buy & Sell 1 11-20-2019 01:13 PM
Exponential Audio Surround Reverbs FS mgoorevich Buy & Sell 0 09-13-2019 12:54 AM
Exponential Audio release V1.1.0 of Surround Reverbs Michael Carnes Post - Surround - Video 6 08-11-2014 02:25 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:03 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com