How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2012, 11:12 AM

Default 9.0.2 & Snow Leopard

Hello all.

I recently have a new job in the field, so my PT will be actually put to professional use. I am using 9.0.2 on Snow Leopard, I have partitioned my HD, so I have 10.6.8 that I use just for PT, and 10.8.1 that I use for my personal computing. About a year ago I posted to see what the best was, this was right after 10.7 came out, and I decided to stay with 9.0.2 even though .4 was out, and stay with Snow Leopard. I am thinking it's time to upgrade.

Would it make sense to go the the most recent PT9, 9.0.6, and the most recent Lion? I can't afford and strange bugs or anything, but this has been out for a while now, so just making sure it is okay to do.

And if I do, Should I do a clean install of OS and PT. The only thing I keep on the HD are my templates and plug-ins, but I can just reinstall them too.

Cheers,

Steve
Old 09-13-2012, 11:47 AM

Lightbulb Re: 9.0.2 & Snow Leopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMcQueen View Post
Would it make sense to go the the most recent PT9, 9.0.6, and the most recent Lion?
Go to PT v9.0.5. There are some bugs in v9.0.6 when used with Snow Leopard.
Quote:
I can't afford and strange bugs or anything, but this has been out for a while now, so just making sure it is okay to do.
It has been out for a while, and when I reported the bugs against Snow Leopard, I was told "Well, those bugs don't exist in Lion." At this point it seems unlikely that there will be a v9.0.7 that fixes what is broken with v9.0.6 on Snow Leopard.
Quote:
And if I do, Should I do a clean install of OS and PT. The only thing I keep on the HD are my templates and plug-ins, but I can just reinstall them too.
If you have the time, do a clean install.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:39 AM

Default Re: 9.0.2 & Snow Leopard

Not to hijack this thread, but...

Hello Jonathan,

If you get a minute, could you please post the link(s) to any thread(s) where you've discussed v9.0.6 + Snow Leopard errors with Avid? Despite over half an hour with DUC's alleged search engine, I'm coming up dry... might help me sort out some issues with my HD rig. Thanks much!!

Warmest Regards,
Brian
Old 09-14-2012, 10:16 AM

Post Re: 9.0.2 & Snow Leopard

Hello Brian,

I did not try to find an exact thread, but here is one of the types of crashes I am referring to.

AAF import makes 9.0.6 crash.

AVID tells me this does not happen in Lion. I haven't tried it in Lion. Where I work, this is a deal-braker. It made us go back to v9.0.5.