Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 12-09-2009, 06:46 AM

Default Re: How/Where are my eleven rack drivers...

I had a similar issue on Windows XP. It finally worked after:

1) I uninstalled the 8.0.1 Eleven update
2) Made sure the Eleven Rack was connected via USB and powered up.
3) Re-installed the Eleven 8.0.1 Update and followed with the firmware update while the Rack was connected via USB and powered up.

NOTE: I dont think the standalone driver has anything to do with this. Also I already had PT 8.0 installed and running before I bought Eleven Rack. I updated to 8.0.1 but when I did the other updates for Eleven to work with PT 8.0.1 I did not have the Rack turned on (I believe the document states to power it off and turn it on when prompted but it never did prompt).

Also ILok was not fully recognized after the update so I needed to download and re-install the latest drivers on Ilok http://www.paceap.com/dldrvr.html

Last edited by drew3415; 12-09-2009 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Update info
Old 12-11-2009, 05:52 AM

I still was not able to update my 11R...
Uninstall Protools, etc... I tried every possible solution on my Windows Vista; futhermore, this is what I did yesterday, I took my friends' computer, formated and install fresh WinXP, updated it to service pack 3 and disabled all securities...

Install digi driver, then my usb was reconizing the 11R when plugged in....

retried the update firmware...and [B]STILL has the same message [/B]"The Eleven Rack drivers are not installed on your computer. Please download and install the latest drivers and retry this update."

this is really fustrating... try to update my 11R from windows vista, no luck, tried WinXP, still no luck...

The drivers and firmware are from
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...MP=DD-BN-11R20
and
http://www.paceap.com/dldrvr.html
and I even tried this link
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=40112

My last hope is that I know someone with a Macbook so I have downloaded the drivers and updated firmware for a Mac... I will take another try at it
Old 12-11-2009, 09:45 AM

Did you have the rack powered on and connected via USB when you ran the 8.0.1 update for Eleven Rack and PT, before you installed the drivers? That seemed to do the trick for me.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:30 AM

Well I came back with good results, I installed both the driver and firmware on the macbook and hooked up the 11R to it, voila.... I now have a updated 11R...

I wonder what is blocking the communication before from my PC to 11R?
Old 10-14-2010, 01:20 AM

Hi there,

have the same problem. windows didn't find the drivers automatically, so I installed them manually by picking the driver from the list. Since then everything worked wonderful. I'm running XP SP3.
So I wanted to update to FW 1.0.3
I got the same maessage as leblanc74.
So I downloaded the drivers an reinstalled them, had to pick them from the list again.
Now the FW updater says: no hardware found, I did hit update anyway but in the end the updater still says that there is no 11R. Standalone it is working though and PT is also running, although it doesn't run 48KHz Sessions anymore.
So, my good working system is messed up now and I'm not able to update FW.
All my Sessions are at 48KHz, so I have a big problem now, since I have deadlines to hold!
Please help me on those issues:
Driver installation and device recognition on XP
and FW update.
What to do???

Summary: the system was running perfectly, PT and Standalone driver are recognizing the 11R, still FW update is not possible and new is that I can't load 48KHz Sessions anymore
ProTools LE 8.0.4
iMac, Macbook Pro
Old 10-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Avid

Hi Kay,

I've seen situations were I can't open a Pro Tools session at 48kHz when I have another app using the my interface's wave driver at 44.kHz. So make sure your web browser or Windows Media Player isn't using the 11R wave driver. The easiest way to test this is to close everything except Pro Tools.

As far as not being able to update the firmware, you should have 2 Eleven Rack drivers in the device manager. One is the Eleven Rack audio driver and the other is the Eleven Rack firmware update driver. Can you check that you have both installed? Let me know if you need help opening the device manager.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:07 AM

Hi Chris,

thanx for your reply.
First concerning the sample rate. I switch of all programs and several processes in the taskmanager, I also checked all start items and deleted unwanted ones.
At the 11R driver in the control panel I selected 48KHz, the device shows 48KHz in its display. During loading of PT it switces to 44.1 again. When I load a 48KHz Session, it says that the device is not able to handle it. This is funyy, since it did work perfectly until I tried to update the firmware. If I enter the setup hardware window in PT, it shows 44.1 grayed out. So I can't change it, that so funny, since at the standalone driver I was able to change it.

2nd: if I go into the device manager and select the 11R and choose the driver manually, there are 2 driver listed: Digidesign Eleven Rack and Digidesign Eleven Rack RT DFU. I choose the 1st, since the 2nd was not accepted by XP.
I did this the first time also and again like I mentioned before, the system was working perfectly until I tried to update the FW.
In the device manager 11R is listed at audio devices, it doesn't show up anywhere else in the device list.

Thanx for help in advance.

Greets from Austria
Kay
ProTools LE 8.0.4
iMac, Macbook Pro
Old 03-31-2011, 05:26 PM

I did what you said, but it still tells me I need to install the drivers. What am I missing here?
Old 03-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Avid

Try clicking on Update, even though it's grayed out. It might work. We had a similar issue with the older installers on Win7.

Are you on Vista Home Premium? That's the only Home edition we support.

This next thing is directly from the FAQ or the installation instructions:

http://www.avid.com/drivers

That's where to get the ELeven Rack drivers for Mac or Win.
P&S Creative Professional
AVID
Old 03-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Avid

IMPORTANT: If you see a 'Found New Hardware' dialog DURING THE FIRMWARE INSTALLATION, and the progress bar seems 'stuck' doing nothing, go find the open Found New Hardware dialog. You should click on 'Yes, this time only'. On the next screen, click "Find Automatically". This is the exact opposite of what you should do during a general Pro Tools install, when you should ignore such errors.

This is also covered in the FAQ/Read Me.,

The Eleven Rack needs to 'bind' to the .dfu half of its driver to update the firmware.
P&S Creative Professional
AVID